Creating open APIs has helped TomTom Telematics build an ecosystem of third-party developers who are using its WEBFLEET platform as the basis of a range of fleet and vehicle management applications, delivering additional features to customers across ...
The Waikato District Health Board service lets patients talk to their hospital doctor over their smartphone from home rather than having to travel to an appointment.
Tax cuts for SMBs and increased access to startup investment are both key features of the 2016 federal budget, announced by Treasurer Scott Morrison on Tuesday night. But peak industry bodies have described the budget as a "missed opportunity" to sup...
New Zealand enterprises need to rewire their ‘innovation brains’ or risk being sidelined by competitors. IDC’s Louise Francis lists three questions to jumpstart the process.
The economy and innovation agenda is under serious threat from a new enemy according to Intel managing director A/NZ, Kate Burleigh, and that enemy is data privacy.
It’s a story all too many established brands face: How to retain relevancy and purpose when the competitive landscape, digital disruption and customer expectations move well beyond anything they’ve seen before. And it’s this challenge toy giant, Matt...
The federal government has announced the first stage of a new online digital marketplace that will enable start-ups to access its $5 billion annual spend on ICT projects.
The Prime Minister’s office has issued an innovation statement, noting a $9.7 billion government investment into research and development across CSIRO, government agencies, the business and higher education sectors.
Telcos must welcome the development of the National Broadband Network (NBN) as a chance to innovate, or face unpopularity, a member of TM Forum said.
For some reason people assume that implementation methodologies are different according to the type of software and newer technologies such as enterprise social software are somehow unusual.
Technology innovation is something anyone can undertake these days. Or so we are told.
Touch screens have changed the way people use mobile phones dramatically. But gesture controls, augmented reality and larger screen sizes are about to change habits even more, according to mobile interface expert Christian Lindholm.
Thumbs up, lights on. Thumbs down, lights off. That's all a user would need to do with the GestureID project from Germany's Fraunhofer Institute for Digital Media Technology. After more than a year of intensive research, the group presented its proje...
LG is demonstrating a software system at IFA that lets users share a PC to lower power consumption and cut costs.
For TV addicts it could be the ultimate remote control: a 7-inch portable touchscreen that can not only control gadgets in the living room but also check out and what's playing on channels other than the one currently showing on the big screen.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
- Power surge at British Airways data centre causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPIT Security SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- FTLevel 3 Service Desk Support Engineer / Project ManagerQLD
- FTProgramme ManagerACT
- TPServiceNow ConsultantVIC
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCDeployment Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperSA
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- FTDeployment Engineer / Field Service EngineerQLD
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Configuration Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- CCWintel Support EngineerVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCIdentity Access Management - Business AnalystVIC
- FTIT Systems EngineerQLD
- CCAS400 / iSeries EngineerNSW
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerVIC
- FTField Technician - Radio communication serviceACT
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW