Intel's hope of recovering a record antitrust fine have improved with a recommendation from a top European Union judge on Thursday that the case be reviewed.
A feature in Intel's Haswell CPUs can be abused to reliably defeat an anti-exploitation technology that exists in all major operating systems, researchers have found.
Intel reports high third-quarter revenues, but its fourth-quarter projections will make the tech industry a bit nervous. Intel's PC group, as well as its upcoming 3D Xpoint technology, look like bright spots.
It seems the chip war between Intel and ARM is slowly winding down, at least for the time being.
Want to build a drone at home? Intel's now shipping its Aero Compute Board so you can get your unmanned aerial vehicle in the sky.
iFixit's iPhone 7 Plus teardown reveals Apple put the extra space from the missing headphone jack to good use.
The next generation of Celeron and Pentium processors are coming to budget laptops and desktops soon.
Intel's 7th-gen Kaby Lake CPUs will bring massive power savings when playing 4K video and a double-digit performance increase.
Intel's Kaby Lake chip brings a modest bump in performance and some amazing video optimizations, as the third chip on the company's aging 14-nm process.
Both the latest AMD Zen and Intel Kaby Lake microprocessors won't be officially supported by either Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 -- just Windows 10, Microsoft says.
Intel believes the days of using copper wires for data transfers, both between computers and inside of them, are numbered because optical communications are on the horizon.
Intel has secretly developed a mega-chip called Knights Mill with the hope to advance artificial intelligence.
Ditching analog headphones for USB-C audio opens up a world of new features, Intel says.
Both Intel and Microsoft are betting that Project Alloy, the new "merged reality" headset that will be free to whoever wants it, will be the next big thing for PCs.
Intel isn't yet shipping its Optane SSDs, but they soon will be available for testing over the cloud.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCData Warehouse Test AnalystQLD
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst - Microsoft BI StackNSW
- CCData Architecture AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | PermanentQLD
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FT.NET Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTProject Engineer (Rail/Control Signals) - 168342/ 168335 AROther
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst - SharepointOther
- FTSiebel Design AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- CCC# Web API EngineerNSW
- FTSecurity Solutions ManagerWA
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Investment FundsNSW
- FTTest AnalystSA
- FTSmallworld Developer - GIS , Spatial data,Other
- TPProject ServicesACT
- CCAgile Project ManagerACT
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTPractise Manager - SecurityVIC
- FTSAP TesterVIC
- CCStorage EngineerNSW
- FTVoice Solution Engineer - Telecommunications (Unified Comms)Other
- FTSoftware Development ManagerACT