Acer and Asustek Computer next year will deliver Windows PCs with Intel's Thunderbolt interconnect, which for a time was available exclusively on Apple's Macintosh computers, Intel said on Wednesday.
Microsoft on Tuesday gave the 5,000 developers attending its BUILD conference preview units of a Samsung tablet running a version of the upcoming Windows 8 software.
Servers with new Xeon E5 chips based on the Sandy Bridge microarchitecture will become available early next year, Intel officials said on Tuesday.
Now we know. Microsoft's president for Windows, Steven Sinofsky, today revealed a "reimagined" Windows, which boasts a very different, tile-based user interface called Metro based on Windows Phone that is touch-savvy, runs on ARM processors as well a...
Microsoft has been teasing us for months with drips of promises for what the next version of Windows -- code-named Windows 8 -- will offer. It's said that Windows 8 and its radically different user interface will run on both Intel and ARM chips; thus...
Intel on Tuesday for the first time showed working prototypes of tablets with Google's Android OS and the chip maker's upcoming Atom low-power chip, code-named Medfield.
Intel and Google announced on Tuesday that they would partner to optimize future versions of the Android OS for smartphones and other mobile devices using Intel chips.
Nearly seven months after Intel shelled out $US7.68 billion for antivirus vendor McAfee, the two companies are offering a glimpse of their future.
Intel plans to show Microsoft's upcoming Windows 8 on tablets based on new Atom processors, and on ultrabooks, at both the Intel Developer Forum and Microsoft's BUILD conference this week, according to a source familiar with Intel's plans.
Intel and challenger ARM are set for a PC showdown this week as competition heats up to redefine the laptop and reverse the sagging fortunes of the PC market.
Nvidia concluded that it would exit the chipset business as Intel made it impossible for the company to operate in the market, the company's CEO Jen-Hsun Huang said this week.
The U.S. Senate has voted to approve a major overhaul of the nation's patent system, with the legislation allowing a new kind of challenge to patents granted by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
The strength of the once-prosperous Wintel alliance could be tested at Intel's developer show next week as the chip maker and Microsoft adapt to a market shift from PCs to mobile devices such as tablets, analysts said this week.
Intel has invested US$24 million in seven software companies building products in areas it sees as important to its future, mostly to do with cloud-based services, the company has announced.
Intel said Thursday it was "fully committed" to its MeeGo mobile OS despite its main partner, Nokia, having jumped ship earlier this year to partner with Microsoft.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 2 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 5 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Lenovo ThinkPad celebrates 25 years of cutting edge technology
- ESET works with Google to halt dangerous malware
- Netgear delivers industry first networking devices with remote management from anywhere in the world
- Amaysim launches new online offering for outright mobiles
- The Evil Within 2 review: A rare sequel that outdoes the original, though it could be so much more
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCTechnical Writer - Based in BrisbaneNSW
- CCMigration EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- FTLead Business AnalystVIC
- TPICT Infrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- TPNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- CCService Delivery Coordinator - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Banking and FinanceOther
- CCIdentity & Access Management ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP HR / Payroll AnalystVIC
- FTOffice 365 Technical SpecialistOther
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- TPIT Project Delivery CoordinatorQLD
- TPIT Security EngineerQLD
- FTProject SchedulerSA
- TPSystem TesterQLD
- FTInfrastructure Architect (EUC)Other
- FTSenior Systems Engineer/Veeam SpecialistOther
- CCClient-side Front End Developer (Angular 2)ACT
- CCProject Manager - Network Assurance - TelcoVIC