"More power" is the theme of Apple's new MacBook Pro notebook computers unveiled Thursday, with multi-core processors, improved graphics, and a blazingly fast new I/O technology called Thunderbolt that tops out at 10Gbps.
The latest generation of graphics chips have 3 billion transistors and consume about 200 watts of energy. The numbers are impressive -- until you consider that the human brain has the equivalent of a trillion transistors and consumes just 20 watts of...
In what arguably could be called the tease before next Tuesday's main show, Intel has Intel's Thunderbolt interconnect technology, formerly called Light Peak, has emerged from the company's lab and landed in Apple's new line of MacBook Pro laptops.
Slip-ups by a competitor are usually good for business, but Intel's recent problems with its Sandy Bridge chips won't help Advanced Micro Devices to steal market share from its bigger rival, according to IDC.
Apple's next-generation MacBook Pros may thicken the plot to kill USB, using Intel's Light Peak optical technology and rebranding it as "Thunderbolt."
JetBrains this spring will offer full support for Java 7 in an upgrade to the company's IntelliJ Idea IDE, according to the JetBrains IntelliJ Idea blog. IntelliJ IDEA 10.5 will support language features of Java 7 across the IDE with capabilities suc...
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. is expanding capacity this year following recent unexpected demand from customers including Apple suppliers, it said Wednesday
Hewlett-Packard on Wednesday announced Intel-based business laptops with features that could make it easier to swap components or fix the PCs.
A news story is fueling speculation that Apple may be about to introduce a multi-gigabit peripherals connection, possibly for a future iPad or even for an expected refresh of its MacBook Pro notebook line later this month.
Lenovo and Sony on Tuesday announced faster laptops based on Intel's new Sandy Bridge processors, which the PC makers said could offer longer battery life than models based on Intel's older chips.
Sony on Tuesday announced a new lineup of Vaio laptops that include Intel's new Core i5 processors based on the Sandy Bridge micro-architecture.
If you were planning on heading to the Apple Store this President's Day to go shopping for a new MacBook Pro, you might want to hold off on until at least Thursday. Apple is expected to announce a MacBook Pro refresh this week featuring machines that...
Looking into its crystal ball at where trends are leading, Intel hopes to bolster on-chip capabilities to vastly improve the security and functionality of mobile devices like smartphones and tablets.
A refreshed lineup of MacBook Pro laptops may debut next week, according to a Friday report by AppleInsider. Citing the ever-chatty "people familiar with the matter," the Apple-oriented blog says that Cupertino is mulling whether to launch the update...
Apple may be plotting a big MacBook Pro announcement as soon as next week, speculation fueled in part by an Intel ad.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 2 First Look: Nikon D850
- 3 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Nokia 8: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
Join the newsletter!
- Easy Fixes for Six Common Laptop Problems
- Intel kills its standalone Project Alloy VR headset, as PC-powered VR wins out
- AMD Radeon phases out the CrossFire brand as multi-GPU gets more complicated
- Radeon RX Vega graphics cards get 2-way multi-GPU support in Radeon Software 17.9.2
- Creative Sound BlasterX Siege M04 review: This debut mouse impresses
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Huawei Y5 (2017) Review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCProgram / Project Support AnalystVIC
- TPBA Enterprise ProgramVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst – Office 365 ProjectOther
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- CCProgram / Project AnalystVIC
- CCTRIM Support OfficerNSW
- FTIT Asset Management AnalystOther
- FTSenior Java DeveloperWA
- FTAPI Developer / Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTServer SupportSA
- CCDesktop Support Engineer - Hunter ValleyNSW
- CCSoftware EngineerNSW
- TPSQL DevloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - Go to Market programVIC
- CCXamarin Mobile DeveloperVIC
- FTLead Land Access Coordinator - UrgentOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Leading TelcoOther
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperOther
- FTReporting Consultant with AlteryxOther
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTDigital Acquisition Campaign ManagerNSW