Users on Twitter are now more likely to see ads based on what they tweet about.
There is absolutely no way that Apple will surrender its iPhone interface to Facebook Home, analysts said today.
The CEO of archiving service Evernote said his company will soon release branded hardware with partners, as it moves toward creating its own devices.
Yahoo wants to accelerate its development of mobile products geared toward delivery of personalized content, CEO Marissa Mayer said Tuesday, as the company works to stay relevant in a world where smartphones and tablets are becoming dominant.
Yahoo's profits rose more than 30 per cent in the first quarter, due to a variety of factors including lowered operating costs, though sales at the company declined.
Chat Heads, the buzzy messaging feature released as part of Facebook's Home software for Android-based smartphones, is now coming to the iPhone and iPad.
Google's placement of its own flight-finding service in search results is resulting in lower click-through rates for companies that have not bought advertising, according to a study by Harvard University academics.
Twitter users reacted fast to the explosions that ripped through the Boston Marathon, but the incident also revealed how social media can only be so reliable in such situations.
Facebook is teaming up with the nation's attorneys general to launch a public awareness campaign aimed at keeping young people safer on the site.
Lyft and Sidecar may be the kings of ridesharing right now, but Uber is coming up in the rearview mirror.
Facebook Home, which doesnt replace the Android OS but sits on top of it, includes a family of Facebook-focused apps and also works with the apps a user already has on her phone.
Tweets may soon have beats. Twitter appears to be readying its own music application designed to let users discover new artists and songs based on trending activity on the site.
A review of poker applications shows that many suffer security flaws, putting players at risk of attack, according to a Malta-based security company.
Twitter, in an effort to make its site more useful to an ever-increasing number of people, is rolling out its Trends topic discovery feature in 160 new locations.
LinkedIn, the world's largest professional networking site, continues to beef up its content publishing platform with its agreement to acquire Pulse, which makes a mobile news aggregation, reader and content distribution application.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google €2.42 billion, orders changes in search results
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
- How to secure your CMS without patching
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityNSW
- CCSolaris Migration SpecialistNSW
- TPFull Stack PHP / Web DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Automation Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTProject / Program ManagerOther
- TPProject Coordinator / Junior Project ManagerQLD
- FTWintel Engineer - Level 1 and 2 ServerOther
- FTSystem Specialist - Network SystemsOther
- FTFixed Broadband SMEOther
- CCSAP Hana DeveloperVIC
- FTICT Security Senior ManagerACT
- FTProject SchedulerOther
- FTTech Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentOther
- FTAssurance specialist(Quality Assurance and Process Improvement)ACT
- FTSystem Engineer - Data Centre - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- TPSenior Infrastructure Specialist (Windows)QLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- TPInfrastructre Architect | Appian BPM SoftwareQLD
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTSenior Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTLevel 3- Production Support Team LeaderACT
- FTTest AnalystSA