Google is lending its vast infrastructure to websites that may be targeted by distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks because of their content.
If there's any U.S. city whose citizens are likely to use technology to alleviate a transit strike, San Francisco is it. On Monday, ride-sharing and car-hailing services, many fueled by smartphone apps, reported increased use after a strike halted Am...
Google wants to turn business owners into cartographers with a new mapping tool designed to visualize their companies' data.
Yahoo, in its crusade to reinvent itself, is adding another item to the agenda: revamping its small-business Web hosting unit.
Amid news reports of groups paying users to write Wikipedia entries, the online encyclopedia has blocked or banned more than 250 accounts, the site announced Monday.
Many Facebook users got an unpleasant surprise on Monday as they logged into their accounts only to find that some of the services were not working properly.
When Yahoo Mail turned 16 earlier this month, the company celebrated by giving it a new, Gmail-like interface. It might now wish that it hadn't -- thousands of users have taken to the Web to complain about things they don't like.
Google's quarterly sales increased again, although the company reported mixed results within its advertising business and a decrease in its Motorola mobile sales.
What a lucrative profession coding can be -- the best paid software engineers have an average base salary of nearly US$160,000, and they work at Juniper Networks, according to a recent survey.
YouTube's presence on mobile devices has exploded in the past couple of years, Google said on Thursday.
Twitter's direct messaging feature appears to be experiencing technical difficulties by not allowing certain messages to be sent if they contain links.
BitTorrent search engine isoHunt.com will shut down operations next week in a settlement with U.S. movie studios that have long accused the website of copyright infringement, the studios said Thursday.
Facebook was already implementing stronger security controls when the U.S. National Security Agency's expansive surveillance program was revealed in June, its chief security officer said Thursday.
Hiring managers are busy bees who sometimes have to close a deal from their mobile phones, which is apparently what led LinkedIn to offer a mobile app for recruiters on the go.
When Divya Dhar became a doctor four years ago, she received a somewhat archaic handout from her hospital: a pager.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Surface Pro is Microsoft's long-awaited Surface Pro 4 upgrade, restyled as a laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTSoftware TesterACT
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- CCSSIS / SSRS DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Manager - ProcurementQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - ImprovementQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTFull Stack Developer - JavaNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTNodeJS and AngularJS DeveloperQLD
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTBUSINESS TECHNOLOGY PARTNERVIC
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - End User ComputingNSW
- FTResearch Officer / Data Scientist .Work Location- ACTACT