The Wall Street Journal just published the sixth article in its excellent series about Internet privacy, or the lack of it.
Greens communications spokesperson Senator Scott Ludlam has described as "extraordinary" a decision by the Federal Attorney-General's Department to black out the majority of its response to a freedom of information request filed by the Sydney Morning...
Privacy remains a concern for a significant portion of people who use social-networking sites, if the findings from two recent surveys are any indication.
Australian Privacy Commissioner Karen Curtis today said her investigation into Google's inadvertent collection of Wi-Fi payload data through its Street View vehicles showed any collection of personal data by the search giant "would have" breached the...
Facebook, whose members upload more than 100 million photos every day, is testing a feature designed to streamline and increase the tagging of people in pictures.
A browser extension for Firefox has been combined with a set of privacy applications that give users more control over how their personal information is shared online.
For many of people, Facebook is the first stop in any Web surfing session. It has developed into a highly engaging combination of online bulletin board, personal scrapbook, and group communication network. But did you ever wonder why, being all thos...
While governments and other organizations are stepping up efforts at providing more information for public consumption, they should also provide tools to allow people to interpret this data, argued a Microsoft social media researcher.
Facebook's decision to offer end-users simpler options to configure privacy controls on the social-networking site has received an initial thumbs-up from industry experts and privacy watchdogs.
Facebook chief executive Mark Zuckerberg's vision for a less private Internet is slowly coming to fruition, a survey by the Pew Internet & American Life Project suggests.
MySpace is using Facebook's privacy fiasco for a little free publicity, announcing a one-click privacy feature that seems more like an attention grab than an actual play for Facebook users.
Facebook is fixing a Web programming bug that could have allowed hackers to alter profile pages or make restricted information public.
The villagers have pitchforks and torches in hand and everyone seems to be converging on Facebook--the scourge of all things private and personal. I am here to disband the angry mob by asking the question "how did Facebook get your data in the first ...
Facebook took the wraps off Thursday on two new security features aimed at protecting users from phishers and other online scammers.
Right out of the gates, Facebook is staying mum about what went on during its all-hands-on-deck company privacy meeting late on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSAP Deployment ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior SQL Database SpecialistACT
- FTSecurity AnalystQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- FTData Analyst/ Reporting AnalystQLD
- FTSystems EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksACT
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTInformation Management Business Capability AnalystACT
- FTBUSINESS TECHNOLOGY PARTNERVIC
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTProgram SchedulerVIC
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOVIC
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- CCMDM DesignerVIC