Google's media streamer is a little prone to crashes, but when it works, it delivers a blockbuster experience
internet in pictures
Australian Immigration Minister, Peter Dutton, asked journalists to remove a creepy photo taken of him from a press conference where he blamed refugee advocates for refugees inflicting self-harm in the "refugee camp" on Nauru. Cartoonist David Pope articulated the claims thusly, to great acclaim. The response from the internet at being asked to remove the unflattering picture was exactly what one would expect from the internet were it to ever be asked to remove an unflattering picture.
Once again, Google I/O was held at the Moscone Center in downtown San Francisco, May 28 and 29. As Google's annual confab for third-party developers, engineers from across the world attended the show to hear about Google's latest products and services. This year, Google revealed, among other services, Android Pay, a new way to purchase items in brick-and-mortar stores using Android smartphones; a developer preview of "M," the next version of the Android operating system; Brillo, a new OS based on Android to control devices in the home and let them talk to each other; and a new photo sharing app called Google Photos.
Homer, family and friends take on everything from The Internet to Apple and Google Glass.
Salesforce.com's annual Dreamforce conference will kick off next week in San Francisco, and with a reported 120,000 people registered to attend in person and virtually, it will be the cloud software vendor's biggest shindig yet.
President Donald Trump has named Commissioner Ajit Pai, an outspoken opponent of the FCC’s net neutrality rules, as the next head of the agency.
Alphabet has shut down its Titan unit that was exploring the use of unmanned aerial vehicles for the delivery of internet services. The Google parent is instead focusing on its balloons-based Project Loon to provide access to remote areas.
A bug in the Chrome browser caused security errors to be shown to users when trying to access HTTPS-enabled websites using Symantec SSL certificates.
The long fight over LTE networks sharing frequencies with Wi-Fi may be just the first of many battles as device makers and service providers try to make the most of the limited available spectrum.
The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, the long-time coordinator of the internet's Domain Name System, is now independent of U.S. government oversight, at least for now.
Weddings. Job promotions. News articles. Facebook thinks it knows what the best stories are to drop in your news feed. But some users might want to see things their own way.
Watching a YouTube video typically requires an Internet connection, but with a little preparation the videos can be saved for later offline viewing.
Saving a destination in Google Maps makes it easier to navigate to and also lessens the chance for error when entering or trying to remember an address.
Searching Google is a quick way to find information, but more advanced functions can help users find more helpful information faster.
In past articles we've been building sales pages using OptimizePress. In this article we'll cover how to add a payment processor to a small business website. This gives customers additional payment options and offers functionality to create upsells a...
In 2016 I visited my 100th country. With over a hundred countries still to go, I certainly haven't seen everything this world has to offer. But I have been very fortunate to gaze at the pyramids of Giza, Tikal and Copan, to have seen a sunrise change...
Has your website been Chromed by Google? What every business should know.
'Occupy HTML5' movement shows Flash still has ardent support, but the web tool's best days are over
We all love the feeling of preparing a holiday from packing a suitcase to jumping into a plane and flying to an exotic destination. While it’s so exciting to travel, for most of us, finding the cheapest plane ticket is a priority.
Until now, the controversy over the relative merits of various approaches to implementing a broadband network has been conducted in terms of FTTP (Fibre To The Premises) against FTTN (Fibre to the Node), mainly on the grounds that fibre to the node ...
Whitepapers about internet
Organizations today operate in a Faster Forward world, as they experience a shift towards an increasingly mobile workforce. Following this, an evolving stream of attackers are now targeting mobile devices where they can more easily access a larger number of high-value corporate and government assets. This paper will guide you through finding the right Web security partner that can improve efficiency while reducing risks and improving web experience.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
PCW Evaluation Team
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileQLD
- CCAxway DeveloperACT
- CCSCCM EngineerNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- FTContract Specialist - TelecomOther
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperQLD
- FTCyber Security Team LeadOther
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerVIC
- CCPHP DeveloperQLD
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)WA
- FTSolution Architect - API / SaaSOther
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperACT
- FTSenior .NET Engineer - Back-EndNSW
- FTWeb Developer / ProducerOther
- FTProject Co-ordinatorSA
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- CCSAP BPC Specialist ConsultantOther
- FTTechnical/ Architecture Java LeadVIC
- FTReporting AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Network Designer - Australian Citizenship RequiredOther
- FTCyber Security Program ManagerNSW
- FTData Centre Systems EngineerOther
- TPIT Technical WriterNSW
- CCIntegration AnalystNSW