While it won’t affect everyone, a serious bug reared its head at the weekend with me. When you drive into a tunnel and then hit a traffic jam, Apple Maps keeps going at the same speed. While this is something I’ve actually wanted for tunnel navigatio...
Microsoft has created a $43 billion business, a potential Apple-and-OEM-esque company-within-a-company, that could be used to take up the slack if some of its computer-making partners falter.
The competition between Apple and Samsung is stiff, but before this showdown’s end, a winner will emerge.
The iPhone 6s release date seems to be beyond doubt now. Apple is confidently believed to be releasing the new models on September 18 in tier-one countries. This will follow a launch date thought to be September 9...
Avoid the dreaded 'battery low' message with these simple tips
Maturing technologies have made smartwatches a reality and the release of Apple’s Watch is expected to drive adoption in Australia. Testing many smartwatches has helped us grow to appreciate the features smartwatches have to offer.
I have spent 24 hours with the Apple Watch and I don’t hate it. Inherently I should; I hate all smartwatches because who knows what they do, or what they are supposed to do. But my hate is turning to indifference and I fear it could evolve further st...
Today marks the launch of Apple’s first wearable, simply called 'Watch'. Major apps are already available for download with reports claiming it is already part of an ecosystem 3000 apps strong. We’ve collated some of the best apps, from Australia and...
ONE does not simply buy an Apple Watch. The company is positioning the smartwatch less like a gadget and more like an expensive piece of jewellery, and the buying process drums up such a sense of occasion.
Things are changing at Microsoft. The company is embarking on a strategy that has cloud and mobile computing at its core. Software previously monopolised on Windows is being made available to customers of rivalling platforms. Investments are being ma...
Workaholics and multimedia junkies alike are spoiled for choice when it comes to 'phablets'. Apple has finally given into demand with the iPhone 6 Plus, but can it possibly stand against the Galaxy Note 4 from Samsung? We put them head-to-head.
Apple revealed iOS 8 will come with several improvements at its iPhone 6 launch event on 9 September. Revisions include a new health application, a multimedia savvy messaging application, an improved keyboard and added functionality to its ‘Photos’ g...
Phablets are all the buzz with the impending release of Apple's iPhone 6 Plus and Samsung's Galaxy Note 4. Earlier in August rival LG entered the space with its best smartphone yet, the G3. Comparison showdowns have never been this tight.
Savage competition has seen the gap separating Apple’s iPad from a slew of Android tablets close. This comparison takes the two most competitive tablets, Samsung’s Galaxy NotePro 12.2 and Sony’s Xperia Z2 Tablet, and measures how they stand next to A...
The Samsung Galaxy S5 is an evolutionary device; the vendor’s new flagship is better than its predecessor across the board, without quite being revolutionary. But while it houses impressive hardware, it is let down by the infamous TouchWiz, Samsung’s...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Andy Rubin's $699 Essential Phone is finally here and it's weird
- HTC Vive Deluxe Audio Strap review: The Vive finally feel complete
- Intel's modular Compute Card puts a PC in your pocket
- AMD's 'TR4' Threadripper CPU socket is gigantic
- HTC's Vive VR headset will use WiGig to ditch its cumbersome cables
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- CCAppian Developer x 2VIC
- CCTransport EngineerVIC
- CCTesting Manager - Energy sectorVIC
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Process ModellerNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.Other
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCSAP HCM Support & Configuration ConsultantQLD
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- FTTest AnalystOther
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- FTService Centre Assistant - Helpdesk (Level 1 Support)Other
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- TPNode.js DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Systems AdministratorOther
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTGraphics Designer / UI DesignerOther
- FTProgramme ManagerACT
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW