Microsoft's top Office executive, Kurt DelBene, yesterday dodged questions about plans to bring its lucrative suite to Apple's iPad.
Google is making it easier for app developers to connect with users on its social network through Google+ Sign-In, a new feature that allows people to sign into third-party apps using their Google+ credentials.
App.net, the social networking platform that launched as an ad-free alternative to Twitter, is looking to expand its user base by offering a free account option.
Rumors have abounded this month that Apple is designing a smart watch--maybe even a flexible-glass, slap-bracelet type of device. As cool as that sounds, an "iWatch" needs to be equal parts form and function for working adults to take it seriously.
ICT solutions provider, Huawei, has unveiled what it claims to be the “world’s fastest smartphone,” the Ascend P2, at the 2013 Mobile World Congress (MWC).
PayPal will introduce a mobile chip-and-PIN version of its payments service in Europe, starting with a selection of U.K. businesses over the coming months.
Apple yesterday confirmed that a bug in iOS 6.1 causes devices to aggressively ping Microsoft Exchange email servers, shortening iPhone and iPad battery life.
The Cookoo smart watch connects to your iPhone and will display notifications for commonly used functions like calls, Facebook messages and calendar reminders.
Multiple users on Apple's iPhone support forum are reporting big drops in battery life after upgrading their handsets to version 6.1 of the iOS operating system.
Using a smartphone to pay for purchases in lieu of a physical debit or credit card may become a $US1 trillion business by 2015, and some ancillary technologies for consumer engagement could help to make that happen.
Hailo, the U.K.-based developer of taxi-hailing mobile apps, has landed fresh investment from KDDI, one of Japan's largest mobile operators.
The Macworld | iWorld Expo in San Francisco is an Apple lover's Disneyland. Ashton Kutcher kicked things off by plugging his movie iJobs, but the main attraction is the showroom floor where vendors display their wares, everything from iPad and iPhone...
Apple modders can rejoice: The latest jailbreak software for iOS 6 was released on Monday.
Apple software hackers unveiled a website late Wednesday where the latest untethered jailbreak is expected to be released soon.
Apple has released iOS 6.1 for iPhone and iPad, the latest version of its mobile operating system.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- How Google Assistant, Home, and Lens will completely change the way you search
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksQLD
- FTData Analyst/ Reporting AnalystQLD
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTCustomer Account Officers x3NSW
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- TPSolution Architect - LIS ProgramQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst- Wollongong, Loftus, Sutherland ShireNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSenior Systems EngineerQLD
- FTSystem Support Analyst, ERPNSW
- FTLAMP Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Grant managementNSW
- FTIT Field Services ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior DBANSW
- FTTeam LeaderSA
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- CCProcurement & Contract SpecialistNSW
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer - SymfonyQLD