Only 10 per cent of large corporations are considering the public cloud as a place to store even their lowest tier of data for archive purposes, according to a survey by TheInfoPro, a market research firm.
A week after Iron Mountain announced it had replaced its CEO, the company said it's considering selling its archiving, e-discovery and online backup and recovery business to return to its roots in document and tape storage services.
After only two years, Iron Mountain is planning to close its public cloud storage services , having already stopped accepting new customers as of April 1, according to market research firm Gartner.
Marking the 50th anniversary of the inauguration of President John F. Kennedy, the JFK Library Foundation on Thursday unveiled the nation's largest online digitized presidential archive, providing access to papers, records, photographs and recordings...
F5 is making file virtualization more cloud friendly with the introduction of software that translates storage protocols, making it possible to store files in public or private cloud networks using a range of technologies.
Information management giant Iron Mountain said Monday it has acquired content archiving vendor Mimosa Systems for US$112 million.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- FTLead ArchitectVIC
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 1 SupportQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTIT Systems EngineerQLD
- FTLevel 3 Service Desk Support Engineer / Project ManagerQLD
- CCMicrosoft (Sharepoint) SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- TPUAT CoordinatorQLD
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTeCommerce Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTLearning & Development Consultant, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectQLD
- TPSolution Architect - LIS ProgramQLD
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager HFC Capacity ManagementVIC
- FTIT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTData Analyst - 12 months Fixed Term ContractVIC