Efforts to fix cybersecurity problems at the U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) may be doomed because the agency is moving too quickly and ignoring some best practices, an auditor said Thursday.
A controversial program allowing the U.S. National Security Agency to collect millions of domestic telephone records expired Sunday night after the Senate failed to vote on a bill to extend the authority for the surveillance.
U.S. National Security Agency director General Keith Alexander has called on Congress to pass new legislation focused on protecting the country's cyber assets while at the same time defending his agency's cybersurveillance programs.
Apple pays a fair share of the taxes it owes the U.S. and other nations, its CEO said Tuesday, despite criticism from U.S. senators that the company is ducking taxes by shifting profits to subsidiaries that the company does not consider tax residents...
Apple has set up three foreign subsidiaries that the company claims are not resident in any nation for taxing purposes, in an effort to avoid paying tens of billions of dollars in taxes to the U.S. and other countries, according to a new report from ...
The 2008 presidential election gives CIOs and other IT executives a choice of two major-party candidates who are interested in technology-related issues. While the US economy and the war in Iraq have dominated the debate between Republican nominee Se...
Need to buy a gift for somebody who loves technology but you can’t afford the big ticket items?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Expensive, but probably the best phone you can buy right now
- 2 Huawei Nova 3i review: All Sell, No Soul
- 3 Oppo A5X review: A winning blend of long battery, solid performance and low-price
- 4 DJI Mavic 2 Pro review: These glorious heights
- 5 Huawei FreeBuds review: Solid as a value-add, less so standalone
Join the newsletter!
- Microsoft Bing's Black Friday research tools are hit-and-miss
- 11-11: Memories Retold review: All's finally quiet on the Western Front
- The Full Nerd ep. 74: Radeon RX 590 review, RTX on in Battlefield V, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FE failures
- The best smart thermostat you can buy, the Alexa-enabled Ecobee4, is $50 off
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 is here, but the Radeon RX 570 and RX 580 are dirt-cheap right now
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
- Apple iPhone XS review: Astonishment at a price
- Google Pixel 3 XL review: Ghost in the machine
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?