U.S. lawmakers plan to resurrect national data breach notification legislation that has failed to pass in past sessions of Congress, but some advocates don't agree on what should be included in a bill.
U.S. President Barack Obama has signed an executive order requiring that government data be made available in open, machine-readable formats, expanding open-access requirements from earlier in his administration.
New legislation introduced by a bipartisan group of 10 U.S. senators would nearly double the number of H-1B visas that companies can get each year to hire foreign high-skill workers, including technology employees.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Qantas booking systems go down after software fail
- Cadbury factory in Hobart hit as ransomware attacks Aussie businesses
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google €2.42 billion, orders changes in search results
PCW Evaluation Team
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSystems Specialist - Linux / Windows / Network l Port MacquarieNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCWintel Infrastructure EngineersACT
- CCJunior Change AnalystNSW
- FTEmail Marketing Specialist/ Campaign SpecialistOther
- FTOracle Identity Management Solution ArchitectOther
- FTAndroid Developer - PermanentWA
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- TPPMO ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Designer Jnr / MidOther
- FTSAP ETL DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst, SuperannuationNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTSAP Release ManagerQLD
- FTLAMP Stack Developer/ PHP DeveloperOther
- TPData Migration ManagerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerSA
- FTLevel 3- Production Support Team LeaderACT
- TPProduct OwnerVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - SMEOther
- FTWintel Infrastructure EngineerACT
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTSystems Engineer SCCMACT