Microsoft said Wednesday that the next version of its Windows PC operating system will run on Arm processors, part of an effort to adapt Windows to the fast-growing market for tablet computers, where Apple and Google have gained traction.
Toshiba isn't the only notebook maker jumping headfirst into the tablet melee. But it is the company with the most history in portable products taking the plunge.
What's a Windows user to do if they covet Apple's super-slim new Macbook Air? You could always buy the Apple product, install Boot Camp and your own copy of Windows...or you could wait for Samsung's sleek new 9 Series ultraportable laptop.
Microsoft said Wednesday that the next version of its Windows PC operating system will run on ARM processors as part of an effort to adapt Windows to the fast-growing market for tablet computers, where Apple and Google have gained traction.
More than 100 tablets using Intel's Oak Trail chips are being designed and some will start shipping in the first half of this year, Intel CEO Paul Otellini said Wednesday at CES.
Devices like e-readers, tablets and smartphones could get faster storage as early as next year with the new SD 4.0 media card specification, the SD Association said.
Motion Computing on Tuesday showed off a Windows tablet with Intel's upcoming Oak Trail chip package, which is highly power efficient and has strong multimedia capabilities, a company executive said.
Toshiba will join the tablet race later this year with an Android-powered computer based on an Nvidia Tegra processor, it said Tuesday. The device, which doesn't yet have a name, was one of several shown Tuesday in Las Vegas on the eve of the Consume...
Micro-Star International (MSI) on Tuesday unveiled some of the first laptops and motherboards with Intel's latest microprocessor family, formerly codenamed 'Sandy Bridge,' on board.
Coinciding with the launch of Intel's new 2nd Generation Core processors, AMD's Fusion processors, and the 2011 CES, Acer is unveiling a string of new laptops aimed at enthusiasts and gamers. The Aspire 5750, 5750G, and 7750G are available with Intel...
Norwegian company Opera Software will unveil the first public preview of its browser for tablets at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), it said on Monday.
Lenovo has shown off its first tablet computer, the LePad, and will launch more tablets later this year in a bid to carve out some share in the emerging market dominated by Apple's iPad.
Netbook pioneer Asustek Computer unveiled four new tablet devices on Tuesday, including the 10.1-inch touchscreen Eee Pad Slider with the latest version of Google's Android mobile OS, Honeycomb, and the 12-inch touchscreen Eee Slate E121, which has M...
Apple makes two huge announcements for the Mac: an ultrathin MacBook Air that swaps a hard drive for flash storage built into the motherboard, and a sneak peek at the next Mac OS X—called Lion—that will tap into the best features of iOS, including a ...
Companies have turned to Internet videos to leap ahead of rivals in announcing their new products at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) this year, or at least to create buzz around their launches.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Thinking Big: Why Bold Ideas, Technology and Collaboration Help Bridge the Rural-Urban Divide
- Comodo Internet Security Pro 10 Review: It works well, but read every install screen closely
- Windows Defender review: Basic protection at the right price
- AVG Internet Security Review: A premium antivirus suite that you can put on all your household PCs
- Avast Premier review: An attractive antivirus suite with limited install options
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Canon 6D MK II
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which case should I buy for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTCampaign AnalystOther
- FTOracle Developer / EngineerACT
- TPProject Services - Support RolesACT
- FTCampaign ManagerOther
- CCiMIS SpecialistACT
- FTAdministration Support/CoordinationOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- CCSolution Engineer - RF/HFC - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Environment or Platform level Environment ManagersVIC
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTEnterprise Architect - ApplicationsOther
- FTCoach, Lean Startup & Design Thinking approachOther
- FT.Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTMerchandise Floor PlannerOther
- CCRF Engineer - Melbourne Based, Start ASAPVIC
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- FTNon - functional Test LeadVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTDevOps Engineer | Leading SaaS Product CompanyOther
- FTSenior Change AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - Infrastructure SMENSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- TPProject Manager - 3 days per weekQLD
- CCJunior / Mid level Hogan Technical Consultant - BrisbaneQLD