Ethernet switch vendor Extreme Networks is replacing its CEO and laying off 70 employees in an effort to quickly improve the company's bottom line and set it up to run profitably with lower revenues.
Sun Microsystems will lay off up to 3,000 workers over the next 12 months as Oracle awaits approval from European regulators for its acquisition of the company.
Companies trying to cut IT budgets are laying off staff and reducing compensation and benefits for remaining employees, new survey results show.
Citing tough economic times, security vendor Websense plans to trim 5 percent of its workforce.
There are signs that an increasing number of people who have been forced out of their jobs are starting their own businesses.
Oracle may lay off between 850 to 1,000 European employees, according to the French union CFDT.
MySpace will slash its staff abroad and shutter several international offices, the News Corp. unit said on Tuesday, a week after announcing a big round of layoffs in the U.S.
The restructuring continues at MySpace, whose staff will get cut by almost 30 percent, the News Corp. division announced Tuesday.
Computer industry bellwether Hewlett-Packard reported a 3 percent drop in revenue as its major lines of business continued to be hammered by the global recession.
Nokia plans to cut approximately 170 employees working in logistics, production management and support, it said on Tuesday.
As part of ongoing efforts to save money that include staff and operating cost reductions, Seagate Technology today announced a restructuring plan that will mean cutting an additional 1,100 workers. That amounts to about 2.5% of the company's global ...
After acquiring online content sharing service Twango in 2007 and building a new office around the group of developers that worked there, Nokia is now planning to close the suburban Seattle office.
Mobile phone manufacturer Sony Ericsson will reduce its workforce by about 400 people in Lund, Sweden, cutting 160 employees and 250 consultants, the company announced on Friday.
Microsoft on Tuesday announced new job cuts that are part of the 5,000 the company said in January that it expected to eliminate.
A systems administrator pleaded guilty in a US federal court Monday to charges that he tried to extort an undisclosed amount of money and even good job references out of a New York-based mutual fund company that had just laid him off.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
- Get real, Microsoft: If the Surface Pro is a laptop, bundle it with a Type Cover
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPTechnical ArchitectVIC
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelVIC
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior SAP Project ManagerACT
- FTTest Analyst (Datawarehouse)SA
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- FTIT Security ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Support EngineerNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- FTField Technician - Radio communication serviceACT
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTBUSINESS TECHNOLOGY PARTNERVIC
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksQLD
- FTCyber Security Technical WriterNSW
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- FTTRIM TrainersACT