Motorola Mobility has made an unexpected comeback thanks to its popular Moto G and Moto E smartphones, but increased competition and its looming acquisition by Lenovo make the future far from certain.
Xiaomi became the world's fifth-largest smartphone vendor in the second quarter, catapulted into the top five for the first time by its hit products in its home market of China, according to research firm Strategy Analytics.
Apple's grip on the tablet is loosening, with the iPad losing ground during the second quarter this year to Android and Windows tablets.
Lenovo showed off a smart glasses prototype on Thursday, part of a push to attract developers and other hardware manufacturers to a new partner program.
Lenovo has stopped sales of its existing small-screen Windows tablets in the U.S., but plans a new model for release by the end of the year.
Lenovo has stopped selling Windows tablets with screen sizes under 10 inches in the U.S. due to lack of interest.
Toshiba is not the only company selling a 4K laptop anymore; Lenovo has finally shipped its first 4K laptop, sporting a 5.6-inch screen, after months of delays.
Motorola’s budget Moto E will be launching early next month alongside an improved version of the company’s revered Moto G
China is propping up its local chip manufacturing industry with new policies and financial support intended to turn the country into a semiconductor-making powerhouse by 2030.
AMD has cornered the gaming market as Sony’s PS4 and the Xbox One use its processors. Now the company is taking advantage of this gaming experience with its Kaveri range of processors.
Lenovo is taking orders for its first 4K monitor, the ThinkVision Pro2840m, but it's pricey at US$799.
Lenovo's net profit grew 25 percent year-over-year in the first quarter as the Chinese company continued to make gains in the PC and smartphone markets.
The ability to come up with cohesive Cloud offering has eluded Lenovo for years, but the company is taking steps to offer more services that it can wrap around its mobile devices and enterprise products.
Users looking for IdeaPad laptops with 4K screens, some of the earliest laptops of their kind, are going to have to wait longer because they just shipped -- only, without 4K displays.
LG, Motorola and Huawei will all launch new smartphones in the next three weeks as they try to chip away at Apple and Samsung Electronics, a task that doesn't seem as insurmountable as it did a year ago.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCService DeskSA
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyVIC
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTWireless Networking ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- TPIT Business AnalystNSW
- FTGraphics Designer / UI DesignerQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTUX / UI Designer MobileNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- CCTechnical WriterVIC
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD
- FTProcurement OfficerACT
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- TPEOI - JAVA DeveloperACT
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior PHP Developer - SymfonyQLD
- FTlevel 2/3 SupportVIC
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerQLD
- TPDatawarehouse Test AnalystSA