Nine months after it was first announced, Lenovo's acquisition of IBM's x86 server business is headed towards closing.
Lenovo will refund US$100 or issue a $250 voucher to owners of the IdeaPad U310 and U410 laptops to settle a class-action lawsuit alleging design defects in the computers.
With Lenovo expected to close its IBM x86 server business acquisition by year end, a glimpse at the combined server product line has emerged.
Chasing data-center trends, top server makers have made storage and memory capacity a priority in their new servers.
Intel has designed its latest server chips to provide the building blocks to modernize "legacy data centers" by providing more processing cores, throughput and power-saving features.
Lenovo is slimming down its new ThinkPad Helix 2 tablet/laptop and extending the battery life of this hybrid device, which is one of the first detachable tablets with Intel's new Core M processor.
Lenovo will ship a 64-bit Android smartphone, the Vibe Z2, later this month in China, rolling it out to other regions in October.
Lenovo wants to pack better features in low-cost Android tablets with the Tab S8 tablet, which will start selling this month for US$199.
A labor protection group is accusing one of Samsung's suppliers in China of hiring over 10 underage workers to build company components. But the Korean electronics giant was quick to dismiss the allegations, and said it had no "child workers" at the ...
Server sales have picked up after a long slow spell and are likely to stay buoyant well into 2015 and beyond, according to IDC.
One more big phone maker has given up on Windows Phone. Huawei, the world's third-largest smartphone maker says that it will no longer release Windows Phone devices because it simply can't make any money on it. Where else can Microsoft turn?
Microsoft is helping hardware makers build low-priced Windows PCs to combat Chromebooks and the early results of that effort are hitting the market.
Using a tablet to make a phone call may sound unorthodox. But in Asia's emerging markets, vendors are increasingly shipping 7-inch tablets with voice call functions, according to research firm IDC.
Lenovo's planned acquisition of IBM's x86 server business for US$2.3 billion has cleared a major U.S. regulatory hurdle, paving the way for the deal to close by the end of the year.
Lenovo's growing presence in PCs and smartphones helped the company's net profit grow 23 percent in the second quarter.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTERP Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager- Cloud- AWS, Office 365- PRINCE2Other
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- CCNetwork Architect - part time contract, Sydney Western SuburbsNSW
- CCCloud Architect - AWSVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | PermanentQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperOther
- CCICT Training ManagerNSW
- FTICT Procurement and Contracting SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyNSW
- FTICT Support OfficerNSW
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- CCMigration Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterWA
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther