Firefox OS, the smartphone operating system from Mozilla targeted at low-cost smartphones in emerging markets, is coming to more developed markets.
A modified version of Google’s Cardboard will be bundled for free with LG’s flagship smartphone in the weeks that follow the release of Samsung’s Gear VR.
CES 2015 might go down as the moment when TVs became more complicated than they should be.
If you plan to buy a cheap smartphone next year expect to get LTE, an HD screen and a good-looking device, as competing manufacturers and chip vendors lower prices.
Google and LG have entered into a patent cross-licensing deal, the latest partnership seeking to reduce the threat of lawsuits between major tech companies.
As part of its sixth, three-year Disability Action Plan, Telstra has unveiled three new initiatives aimed at supporting persons with disability in accessing communications services.
When you're competing for the attention of almost a quarter of a million visitors, it helps to have a gimmick or two. The big names of the consumer electronics industry know this and each year at Germany's IFA electronics show, they try to outdo each...
Jot down the specs of the best smartphones in Australia and it’s newcomer Oppo which comes out on top with its Find 7 flagship. The Find 7 has a superior screen to HTC’s One, more RAM than Samsung’s Galaxy S5 and a CPU faster than Sony’s Xperia Z2, a...
Samsung has revealed its Gear S, a Tizen-powered smartwatch that has a curved display and can take a SIM card. The Gear S can use 3G networks for texting, emailing and Web-browsing.
LG will take on rival Motorola directly by releasing its rounded G Watch R at the same time as Motorola's Moto 360.
We already know the Moto 360 is going to be the best-looking Android Wear smartwatch yet, thanks to its rounded display and simple design. We also expect it to have Qi wireless charging after documents about the device filtered through the FCC. Now I...
The mid-tier market is becoming a crowded house with LG’s G3 Beat joining Sony’s Xperia Z1 Compact, the HTC One Mini 2 and Samsung’s Galaxy S5 Mini.
LG has developed a wearable called KizON designed to track the location of children. A key feature is the wearable’s ability to initiate a phone call to a predetermined number at the press of a button.
If Apple were to launch a 5.5-inch iPhone 6 later this year it would be beneficial to both the vendor and the wider ‘phablet’ market, according to Telsyte.
Android Wear smartwatches are available for pre-order in Australia for a smidgeon less than $250. Find out if your existing smartphone is compatible before committing to buy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- FTSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Activations Performance Analyst | $700pdVIC
- FTDevOps Engineer | $90 p/hrVIC
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- TPSQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTTest AnalystACT
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperSA
- FTSystem Support Analyst, ERPNSW
- FTSenior Drupal DeveloperQLD
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior System AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Higher EducationVIC
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC