The Digital Advertising Alliance, a consortium of advertising trade groups, will roll out two new apps later this year aimed at giving mobile device users a choice of what ads they see.
Internet users overwhelmingly enjoy free Web content supported by advertising, and they'd rather see advertisements targeted toward their interests than random ads, according to a survey released this week by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA).
New legislation in the U.S. Senate that would allow Internet users to tell companies to stop tracking them is unnecessary and could slow e-commerce growth, some tech groups said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTSenior SQL Database SpecialistACT
- FTData Analyst/ Reporting AnalystQLD
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsNSW
- FTIT Command Centre Support EngineerVIC
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 1 Support OfficerQLD
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - Solutions and ApplicationsQLD
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - End User ComputingNSW
- FTSenior Procurement Specialist | 3mth ContractVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystWA
- FTProject Manager - Accountin Finance and AssetWA
- FTSenior Front End Developer - BRISBANEVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Configuration Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- FTInformation Management Business Capability AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Intelligence / Datawarehouse DeveloperSA
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW