A “MacOS” reference appears on Apple’s Environment page, hinting at alignment with iOS, tvOS, and watchOS.
As more applications are likely to use touchscreens, Apple may need to develop products that merge features like touch with advanced computing capabilities.
Apple CEO Tim Cook and one of his top lieutenants today outlined the next iterations of the company's critical iOS and the less-important OS X before enthusiastic developers.
With the PC version of SimCity having cleared its first month anniversary since launch, EA has announced a June 12 release for the Mac version of the game.
was a polarising force that reshaped the tech industry several times
The past couple of weeks have not been the best for Mac OS X's security reputation.
Apple and small businesses have an interesting relationship. While Apple has seemingly gone out of its way to avoid catering to the business market, it certainly has its adherents.
Mac Defender is turning out to be somewhat of an epidemic that neither Apple, nor Mac users seem prepared for. The Mac malware has caught the Apple ecosystem off guard and threatens to shatter the reality distortion field that Apple thrives on.
Apple's release on Thursday of a developer preview of the next Mac OS X version showcases a range of ideas and features adopted from the iOS-based iPad tablet.
After all the hype about the new MacBook Air releases, all the oohing and aahing over the engineering that slipped a significant amount of power and capability into such a tiny package, I was ready to be somewhat disappointed by the new 13.3-inch Mac...
With all the attention on the iPhone and iPad, you might have forgotten that Apple has a computer called the Mac. Today, Apple is previewing the new Mac OS X operating system, to be released in 2011, about two years after the release of Mac OS X 10.6...
Ever since it unveiled the new mobile OS in February, Microsoft has been cagey on whether its new Windows Phone 7 would support direct synchronization with Apple's Macintosh computers. Now a spokeswoman confirms that Microsoft will offer a Mac OS X t...
Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac OS X is coming soon, and it brings with it an array of improvements and new features that make it more possible than ever to straddle the line between Windows and Mac on the same hardware. Parallels provides a virtual envi...
Autodesk is bringing its AutoCAD architecture, design, and engineering software back to the Mac OS after an 18-year absence, the company announced this evening. But the company plans to do more than offer a Mac OS X version of AutoCAD: It says it wil...
Apple has released a security update to its Mac OS X operating system, fixing a number of critical security issues in the software.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTHR Business Analyst-Performance Management/Learning ManagementOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- TPSenior Java Developer - Mulesoft IntegrationQLD
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Virtualisation and StorageVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - RetailOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTIntegration & BI Manager - C-levelNSW
- FTSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonOther
- FTSenior Siebel Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSenior Data ModellerOther
- TPData Migration ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorOther
- FTDevOps LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTDigital ProducerOther
- CCCRM/.Net DeveloperACT
- TPSolution Architect - RISQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTChange ManagerNSW