Christie's auction house in London today sold an Apple-1 computer for 133,250, or $213,600.
Nearly five months after Apple rolled out iOS 4 in tandem with the iPhone 4 launch, it has released the latest update for the software that powers its touch-screen lineup: iOS 4.2.1 (along with version 4.1 for the latest-generation Apple TV). The fre...
Apple has finally released the highly-anticipated iOS 4.2. While the attention around iOS 4.2 has been focused on the enhancements and new features -- particularly for the iPad, the update also fixes more than 80 vulnerabilities in the iPhone, iPod, ...
Microsoft will slash the price of its Office for Mac 2011 suite by as much as 33% next week during a five-day sale.
Apple today patched 27 vulnerabilities in Safari for Mac OS X and Windows, 85 per cent of them critical bugs that could be exploited to hijack Macs or PCs.
Security experts are split over whether Apple's decision to hand over Java to an Oracle-backed open-source project is a good deal for Mac users.
After sitting on the sidelines watching iPhone and iPod Touch owners enjoy the virtues of iOS 4.0 for the past few months, iPad owners have been anxiously counting the days until iOS 4.2 will be released for the tablet. Well, it seems that wait will ...
Apple on Wednesday patched more than 130 vulnerabilities in Mac OS X, smashing a record the company set last March when it fixed over 90 flaws.
Microsoft today explained why it has not patched older versions of its Office for Mac, but would not disclose a release schedule for doing so.
Security researchers today warned that Apple's OS X contains a critical vulnerability that attackers could use to hijack Macs running the older Leopard version of the operating system.
Apple has released the final version of iOS 4.2 to developers, and will soon make the update available to the general public -- possibly as early as tomorrow, according to some reports. The first major update of iOS for the iPad brings a number of tw...
Apple announced the end of the XServe line, effective January of 2011. The small and loyal Apple market may be disappointed by the loss, but Apple is also unveiling some alternative Mac server options to fill the void.
When I reviewed Microsoft Office for Mac 2008, I said the then-new version of the suite was "kind of like getting a new Chevy." In other words, it was a solid upgrade, but nothing to really get excited about.
Last week a malware threat emerged that impacted both Windows and Mac OS X systems. To be fair, the attack is more social engineering than PC exploit, but it impacts Mac OS X users just the same. ESET's David Harley has written a more detailed analys...
A new variant of the Koobface worm that targets Mac OS X and Linux as well as Windows is spreading through Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, security researchers warned today.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTPractice Director Development – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- CCIT Partner Relationship ManagerNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- CCIT Helpdesk Support OfficerVIC
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTDigital Business Analyst - MediaOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTSEO Specialist/ SEO ConsultantNSW
- FTTransition Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- FTSenior Agile Test AnalystOther
- FTRelocate to Perth for Software Engineering RolesSA
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTUX/CX LeadOther
- FTERP Business AnalystOther
- FTProject - PMO - ManagerNSW
- FTPython Fullstack Developer (Full Stack Environment)Other
- TPSAP Training Officer - FinanceQLD
- CCReporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTChange Implementation ManagerOther
- TPSenior Communications ManagerACT
- FTResource AnalystOther
- FTSenior Big Data Engineer | Media DataOther