The computers we use today derive their core experience from Apple's Mac, but the Mac also popularized other tech that's now standard today
Even if Apple has few high-resolution iPad Mini tablets to sell in November, it will still unveil the new device this month, risking a repeat of last year's iMac debacle, an analyst argued today.
Apple will unveil a pair of iPhones next month, including a lower-priced smartphone with a plastic case in five color choices, according to reports from a Taiwanese news outlet.
Apple CEO Tim Cook on Tuesday let loose another salvo at rival tablets, audaciously dismissing them as devices that no one uses.
Calls for Apple to start selling a lower-priced iPhone just don't make sense, an analyst said today, because Apple already sells millions of discounted smartphones.
Apple promised to investigate a report that a young Chinese woman was electrocuted when she answered her iPhone 5 while it was plugged into its charger.
Apple sold about 38 million iPhones in the first quarter, an 8 per cent increase over what it sold in the same quarter a year ago, according to an ISI Group analyst. Other analysts pegged the sales number at 35 million.
If Apple ever makes some kind of "iWatch" wearable device, how the company positions the device will tell a lot about where it's going.
A watch that doubles as a computer and two-way radio has been a technology vision since at least the 1950s. But if recent reports that Apple's interested in an 'iWatch' are true, would such a device sell?
Apple may be able to build a cut-rate iPhone for $144, which would let it price the device between $299 and $349, hundreds less than the unsubsidized price tag of its flagship smartphone, an analyst said today.
Apple's computer hardware designs through the years have reflected the state of the company. Subliminal messages abound with each product release. Here are some of Apple's most bold, iconic computer designs and what we think they're telling us.
Apple will manufacture one of its Mac lines exclusively in the U.S. by the end of 2013, CEO Tim Cook told NBC and BusinessWeek in interviews made public today.
An aggressive iPad Mini cannibalization rate could add as few as 3 million tablets to Apple's bottom line in what is shaping up to be a record total for the quarter, an analyst said today.
Apple has announced the iPhone 5 will reach retail in South Korea on Dec. 7 and another 54 countries later this month.
iPhone 5 supplies continued to improve this week as Apple reduced the wait time for delivery to "2 weeks" on its online store.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 4 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 5 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Amazon Prime Day returns with longer sales and even more deals
- AMD's Ryzen Pro launch reveals Ryzen 3 details
- Five Eyes want “cooperation” from tech companies on encryption
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSAP TrainerACT
- FTSenior Siebel Integrator/Developer - Canberra/MelbourneACT
- CCBlack Belt - Improvement ManagerVIC
- FT.NET Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Classic ASP / VB)Other
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Insurance/FinanceOther
- FTChange ManagerNSW
- FTSAP ETL DeveloperOther
- FTRAN SMEOther
- FTRadio Communication TechnicianOther
- CCSolaris Migration SpecialistACT
- TPDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCMultiple Front End Developers - BRISBANE - Angular 2 | Bootstrap | jQueryNSW
- CCWintel Migration ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerOther
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- TPSolution Architect - RISQLD
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTFinancial AnalystOther
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical Support - L2 with NV1 OR NV2 clearance (current / inactive).VIC
- FTSenior DevOps ConsultantOther
- FTLean Six Sigma - BPE Design LeadOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW