Twitter today simplified account security with an enhancement that lets customers approve two-factor authenticated log-ins from inside their iOS and Android mobile apps.
Microsoft will issue six security updates next week, including three for Windows 8 and its tablet spin-off Windows RT.
Researchers at the Argonne National Laboratory this week showed how an electronic voting machine model that's expected to be widely used to tally votes in the 2012 elections can be easily hacked using inexpensive, widely-available electronic componen...
Microsoft today said it will issue a Windows security update to plug a long-known hole in the protocol that secures websites.
Security firms today warned Mac users of a new Trojan horse that masquerades as a PDF document.
Adobe on Wednesday patched six vulnerabilities in Flash Player, including one it admitted is already being exploited by attackers.
The Dutch company that was hacked earlier this summer by certificate thieves has gone bust and shut down, its U.S.-based owner said Tuesday.
A Chinese government official today denied any involvement in the attack that compromised scores of servers belonging to Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Japan's largest defense contractor.
The CEO of a certificate-issuing company that was hacked in March is even more certain now that a wave of attacks against similar firms is backed by the Iranian government.
Microsoft today updated Windows to permanently block all digital certificates issued by a Dutch company that was hacked months ago.
A new Windows worm is working its way through company networks by taking advantage of weak passwords, security researchers said over the weekend.
Researchers have spotted the first malware that exploits a critical vulnerability in Android 2.3, aka Gingerbread, finding samples tucked into legitimate apps on Chinese download sites.
Adobe on Friday acknowledged that as many as 80 bugs in Flash Player were reported by a Google security engineer as it defended its decision not to spell out details of the vulnerabilities.
Microsoft on Tuesday patched the last vulnerability in Internet Explorer (IE) used by a researcher in March to win $15,000 at the annual Pwn2Own hacking contest.
After the hacking gang Anonymous took credit for defacing Syria's Ministry of Defense website, a Syrian group today retaliated by posting gruesome photos on Anonymous' embryonic social network.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
- Get real, Microsoft: If the Surface Pro is a laptop, bundle it with a Type Cover
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- FTSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTWeb Developer - 2 PositionsQLD
- FTSenior IT Project ManagerSA
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Data EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager (Office 365) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTElectronic Payments POS Business Analyst - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCChange AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTPHP / WordPress DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerQLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam LeaderSA
- FTEnterprise Architect - Technology and StrategyQLD