The security researcher who created the Firesheep snooping tool defended his work today, saying it's no one's business what software people run on their computers.
A new variant of the Koobface worm that targets Mac OS X and Linux as well as Windows is spreading through Facebook, MySpace and Twitter, security researchers warned today.
Mozilla today said it wouldn't -- or couldn't -- pull a "kill switch" to disable the Firesheep add-on that lets anyone steal log-on and account access information to Facebook, Twitter and other major Web services.
Apple will stop bundling Adobe's Flash with Mac OS X, the company confirmed Friday.
Oracle should piggyback on Microsoft's update service to boost users' chances of running a patched version of Java, a security expert said today.
Microsoft said its free malware cleaning tool had scrubbed the money-stealing Zeus bot from nearly 275,000 Windows computers in under a week.
Criminals are using a Zeus botnet to pillage Charles Schwab investment accounts, a security researcher said Friday.
Adobe patched 23 security vulnerabilities in its Reader PDF viewer on Tuesday, most of them critical, including one that has been exploited by hackers for at least a month or possibly much longer.
Stuxnet's inability to stay stealthy may be fall-out from a failure to hit its intended targets last year, security researchers said today.
Users of Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) are more vulnerable to rogue DLL attacks than people who use rival browsers such as Mozilla's Firefox or Google's Chrome, a security researcher said today.
Contrary to reports, a bug that Microsoft patched last week had been publicly discussed a year and a half ago, security researchers said this week.
Microsoft today delivered nine security updates to patch 11 bugs in Office, the IIS Web server and Windows, including one that was overlooked but exploited by a July worm.
Mozilla has stopped providing security updates to Firefox users as it investigates a bug that caused computers to crash last week.
Less than a week after warning users that hackers were exploiting an unpatched bug in its Reader PDF viewer, Adobe said on Monday that Flash, its other prominent program, was also under fire.
The security firm Damballa is warning of a large and fast growing botnet created specifically to deliver distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks on demand for anyone willing to pay for the service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- TPAnalyst Program SupportVIC
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical ArchitectQLD
- CCSenior Application SupportVIC
- FTProject Manager- Infrastructure & cloud computingOther
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTMid-Sr level Product Manager / Project managerOther
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- CCGen System AnalystNSW
- FTTest Manager - Applications - NSW GovernmentOther
- FTService Centre ManagerQLD
- FTWeb DeveloperOther
- FTSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTProject Coordinator - Travel IndustryQLD
- CCJunior Change AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Service Desk Operative - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTProject Coordinator - DigitalOther
- FTSoftware Engineer - Content Design NetworkOther
- FTSenior Citrix Engineer / LeadNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Java and AEM DeveloperOther
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW