Security researchers from Damballa have found a new variant of the Pushdo malware that's better at hiding its malicious network traffic and is more resilient to coordinated takedown efforts.
Security researchers from Russian cybercrime investigations firm Group-IB have uncovered a cyberfraud operation that uses specialized financial malware to target the customers of several major Australian banks.
The Android threat landscape is growing in both size and complexity with cybercriminals adopting new distribution methods and building Android-focused malware services, according to a report from Finnish security vendor F-Secure.
Hackers are finding it pays to call ahead before sending malware-laden email.
AutoIt, a scripting language for automating Windows interface interactions, is increasingly being used by malware developers thanks to its flexibility and low learning curve, according to security researchers from Trend Micro and Bitdefender.
An Algerian man accused of helping to develop and distribute the SpyEye computer virus has been extradited from Thailand to the U.S. to face criminal charges, the U.S. Department of Justice announced.
A recently patched Java remote code execution vulnerability is already being exploited by cybercriminals in mass attacks to infect computers with scareware, security researchers warn.
A well-known cyber-spying tool called Gh0st RAT is still being employed in stealthy malware attacks, according to a new report from security firm FireEye.
Twitter users in the Netherlands are being targeted by a piece of malware that hijacks their accounts, according to security vendor Trusteer.
Even though the majority of data breaches continue to be the result of financially motivated cybercriminal attacks, cyberespionage activities are also responsible for a significant number of data theft incidents, according to a report that will be re...
Researchers from security firm Trusteer have found a new variant of the Gozi banking Trojan program that infects a computer's Master Boot Record (MBR) in order to achieve persistence.
A Russian porn site is delivering malware that uses the victims' computers to mine bitcoins, according to research from ThreatTrack Security.
Security researchers from Russian cybercrime investigations company Groub-IB have recently identified a new piece of malware designed to steal login credentials from specialized software used to trade stocks and other securities online.
Cybercriminals are increasingly targeting small businesses due to their less sophisticated defenses, according to a new report from Symantec.
A review of poker applications shows that many suffer security flaws, putting players at risk of attack, according to a Malta-based security company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Newegg is selling a pure sine wave UPS for just $125 right now
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 360: Great for the Galaxy S8, not so much for the iPhone
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTAccount Manager - Technology SolutionsNSW
- FTTechnology Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Solution AnalystVIC
- FTIT Service Continuity ManagerACT
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksNSW
- FTICT SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW
- FTlevel 2/3 SupportVIC
- FTIntegration and Implementation SpecialistVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - SharePoint developerQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCProject Manager Information ManagementQLD
- FTState IT Systems EngineerTAS
- FTMobile Apps TesterWA
- TPSupport Engineer (Security Tools)VIC
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCProcurement & Contract SpecialistNSW
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTDeployment Engineer / Field Service EngineerQLD
- FTLooking for Lead Solution ArchitectACT
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD