IBM has assembled a vast array of hosted cloud services, and now it has somewhere to show them off.
Dropbox, the cloud storage and file sharing vendor, is expanding its scope into photo management and document collaboration.
As it rolled out tools and features for coders at its Build developer conference, Microsoft showed that it is ready to embrace technologies and platforms not invented within its walls.
Security researchers released technical details and proof-of-concept code for 30 security issues affecting Oracle's Java Cloud Service, some of which could allow attackers to compromise business-critical Java applications deployed on it.
Amazon Web Services hopes to entice more Hadoop users to its Elastic MapReduce service with new virtual servers, one of which has 262GB of memory and 6.4TB of storage for big-data analytics.
Microsoft said Monday it was cutting prices of its Azure cloud services to match the prices of competitor Amazon Web Services in the latest in a price war in cloud services.
The price war among major cloud providers continues, with Amazon Web Services announcing Wednesday that it is lowering the prices of a number of its cloud services, one day after Google slashed prices.
Amazon Web Services' hosted virtual desktops have become generally available, priced from US$35, but the company and its competitors have a lot of hurdles to overcome before this sort of technology is widely used by businesses.
Google has revamped its portfolio of enterprise cloud services, by cutting prices, adding new features, and touting a refreshed enthusiasm for the cloud market.
Amazon Web Services' CloudSearch service has been upgraded with more search features and is now compatible with 33 languages.
Cisco Systems plans to invest over US$1 billion to expand its cloud business over the next two years, including building an OpenStack-based "network of clouds" with partners.
IBM is using the powers of its Watson supercomputer service to help solve the mysteries of brain cancer by examining individual genetic mutations.
VMware has introduced software designed to make it much easier for its customers to store large numbers of virtual machines (VMs) created with the company's software.
Challenging Microsoft's Windows Azure on its own turf, Red Hat is ramping up services that would offer Microsoft .NET and SQL Server capabilities on its OpenShift platform as a service (PaaS).
Developers seeking to embed some advanced text processing capabilities into their applications might want to take a look at a beta service that the Autonomy software unit of Hewlett-Packard is fielding, tentatively called IDOLOnDemand.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- SAP has designs on new government business
- Titan Souls is free for Twitch Prime and Amazon Prime subscribers
- Anker's extremely popular ergonomic mouse is 70% off today
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCScada Project ManagerWA
- FTSenior System AdministratorNSW
- FTIntegration & Business Intelligence ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTNetwork AdministratorQLD
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- TPImplementation Planner - Payroll PortfolioQLD
- FTSQL BI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - Technology and StrategyQLD
- TPEOI - JAVA DeveloperACT
- FTICT SpecialistNSW
- CCEnd to End Project ManagerVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorVIC
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager (Applications) - 2 positionsQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCTransport EngineerVIC