Though Oracle co-CEO Mark Hurd's title may have changed recently, his job running the company's sales and support operations really hasn't. But he does have a whole lot more to sell and support these days, and it's all in the cloud.
Add Big Data and analytics to the businesses Oracle wants to dominate in the Cloud.
Salesforce.com is betting that a push into industry-specific versions of its cloud-based software can help it maintain its breakneck pace of growth, and even usurp SAP as the industry's largest enterprise application vendor.
Oracle's database, WebLogic application server and Java programming language will soon be generally available on Microsoft's Windows Azure cloud service, marking a major milestone in the high-profile partnership the vendors announced in June 2013.
Oracle's second-quarter revenue rose 2 percent to US$9.3 billion while net income dropped 1 percent to $2.6 billion, with new software license and cloud subscription revenue flat and hardware product revenue continuing a long slide.
A majority of Oracle shareholders have once again voted against the company's executive pay practices, including for CEO Larry Ellison.
Salesforce.com has rolled out a new product bundle that includes even more applications than its high-end Unlimited Edition, albeit at a higher price.
Oracle's revenue was flat year-over-year in its fourth quarter at $US10.9 billion, while profits rose 10 per cent to $US3.8 billion, as the company reported strong growth in sales for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscriptions and "engineered systems...
Oracle co-President Mark Hurd weighed in on the contentious topic of third-party software maintenance at the Collaborate user group conference in Denver this week.
A document tied to an internal Hewlett-Packard sexual harassment investigation of former CEO Mark Hurd will remain sealed, according to a ruling handed down this week by the Delaware Supreme Court.
One thing became clear at Oracle's OpenWorld conference on Monday: The vendor is intent on drilling the benefits of its hardware-plus-software systems into a customer base that largely remains invested only in Oracle's applications, databases and mid...
Having gone through a <a href="http://www8.hp.com/us/en/company-information/executive-team/formerceos.html">rash of CEOs</a> in the past 10 to 15 years, Hewlett-Packard may soon find itself looking for yet another new chief, despite just tapping Meg ...
Oracle is hoping to capture the fancy of smaller companies enamored with its Exadata data-processing machine, announcing Wednesday the availability of a new database appliance configured for SMBs' needs and budgets.
Four Hewlett-Packard board members who reportedly played a central role in the company's decision about whether to replace CEO Mark Hurd are themselves being replaced, HP announced Thursday after U.S. financial markets closed.
Hewlett-Packard plans to commission an external probe into the resignation of former CEO Mark Hurd, including his controversial multi-million dollar severance package.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
- Hands-on: Surviving Mars captures the excitement and dread of launching a colony mission
- Dell XPS 15 (2017) review: Kaby Lake and a 4K display make a difference
- Ring Video Doorbell review
- Lenovo's new workstation is indeed 'Tiny' but packs a punch
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior UX SpecialistVIC
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- TPIT TrainerQLD
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSAP ABAP DEVELOPMENT LEAD- NSW GovernmentOther
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project AnalystOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- TPSolution Architect | Azure | CRMQLD
- FTSenior Development Expert – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FT.Net Developer (WCF & WPF)Other
- FTNetwork Engineer - CISCOACT
- FTService Delivery Manager - Telecommunications InfrastructureOther
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Systems Engineer - Veeam / Shadow ProtectOther
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTSolution Architect (Office 365 Specialist)SA
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- CCTechnical ArchitectQLD
- FTFinancial AnalystOther
- TPStakeholder Engagement Specialist - Change Manager - HealthQLD
- FTIT GraduateACT
- FTSolution Designer, Financial MarketsNSW
- FTC#.Net DeveloperVIC