Though Oracle co-CEO Mark Hurd's title may have changed recently, his job running the company's sales and support operations really hasn't. But he does have a whole lot more to sell and support these days, and it's all in the cloud.
Add Big Data and analytics to the businesses Oracle wants to dominate in the Cloud.
Salesforce.com is betting that a push into industry-specific versions of its cloud-based software can help it maintain its breakneck pace of growth, and even usurp SAP as the industry's largest enterprise application vendor.
Oracle's database, WebLogic application server and Java programming language will soon be generally available on Microsoft's Windows Azure cloud service, marking a major milestone in the high-profile partnership the vendors announced in June 2013.
Oracle's second-quarter revenue rose 2 percent to US$9.3 billion while net income dropped 1 percent to $2.6 billion, with new software license and cloud subscription revenue flat and hardware product revenue continuing a long slide.
A majority of Oracle shareholders have once again voted against the company's executive pay practices, including for CEO Larry Ellison.
Salesforce.com has rolled out a new product bundle that includes even more applications than its high-end Unlimited Edition, albeit at a higher price.
Oracle's revenue was flat year-over-year in its fourth quarter at $US10.9 billion, while profits rose 10 per cent to $US3.8 billion, as the company reported strong growth in sales for Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) subscriptions and "engineered systems...
Oracle co-President Mark Hurd weighed in on the contentious topic of third-party software maintenance at the Collaborate user group conference in Denver this week.
A document tied to an internal Hewlett-Packard sexual harassment investigation of former CEO Mark Hurd will remain sealed, according to a ruling handed down this week by the Delaware Supreme Court.
One thing became clear at Oracle's OpenWorld conference on Monday: The vendor is intent on drilling the benefits of its hardware-plus-software systems into a customer base that largely remains invested only in Oracle's applications, databases and mid...
Having gone through a <a href="http://www8.hp.com/us/en/company-information/executive-team/formerceos.html">rash of CEOs</a> in the past 10 to 15 years, Hewlett-Packard may soon find itself looking for yet another new chief, despite just tapping Meg ...
Oracle is hoping to capture the fancy of smaller companies enamored with its Exadata data-processing machine, announcing Wednesday the availability of a new database appliance configured for SMBs' needs and budgets.
Four Hewlett-Packard board members who reportedly played a central role in the company's decision about whether to replace CEO Mark Hurd are themselves being replaced, HP announced Thursday after U.S. financial markets closed.
Hewlett-Packard plans to commission an external probe into the resignation of former CEO Mark Hurd, including his controversial multi-million dollar severance package.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 2 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 3 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 4 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
- 5 iPhone 8: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Star Wars: Battlefront II review: The Dark Side
- iMovie 10 review: Free video editing that's elegant and easy
- Buffered VPN review: It gets the job done
- WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD review: One of the fastest TLC drives you can buy
- OnePlus 5T first thoughts: This phone could have made a great Pixel 2 XL
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Data Centre OperatorOther
- FTProgram Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- TPBusiness Analyst ManagerNSW
- TPNetwork EngineerVIC
- TPAutomation EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Network Designer - Australian Citizenship RequiredOther
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerce/Supply ChainOther
- FTInformation Security ConsultantQLD
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTDevOps Engineer/ LeadOther
- FTProgram Communications SpecialistOther
- FTMicrosoft Exchange Engineer- Azure & Cloud X2Other
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCIT Specialist - System ServicesNSW
- TPCyber Security ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior NodeJS DeveloperQLD
- CCDigital Content ExecutiveNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems/Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Java DevelopersACT
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTMid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW