Line up for IPv4 addresses... HP makes PC/enterprise split official... PayPal to buy money transfer service Xoom... and more tech news
Several major national and international banks are planning to launch their own mobile payments apps next year.
It's been around only a week, but Apple Pay is already making waves in the mobile payments field. On Monday, major drugstore chain CVS joined rival Rite Aid in disabling the NFC (near-field communication) payment function on in-store terminals.
The launch this week of Apple Pay is giving many people their first taste of NFC payment technology, which allows them to buy things in a store by bringing an iPhone 6 close to a compatible terminal.
The launch of Apple Pay on Monday has brought considerable publicity to a technology that's already embedded in millions of Android smartphones yet has so far failed to take off.
MasterCard is testing a contactless payment card with a built-in fingerprint reader that can authorize high-value payments without requiring the user to enter a PIN.
A leader of the LulzSec hacking group is walking free after serving about seven months in prison because of his cooperation with police that has helped prevent hundreds of other attacks.
Mastercard and roaming infrastructure company Syniverse have come up with a way to protect credit card transactions abroad with help from a phone's location.
MasterCard is helping to bring impulse buying to the world of apps by adding the ability to make purchases within a mobile app to its MasterPass service, which lets consumers store payment information on their devices and purchase items with a tap on...
The three-year blockade against donations to WikiLeaks may have just been chiseled away, in Iceland, by a ruling handed down by the European country's Supreme Court.
Three men were sentenced Thursday in the U.K. for their roles in a series of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks launched against financial and music industry organizations in 2010 by the Anonymous hacktivist collective.
A 22-year-old U.K. man was convicted for his involvement in a series of distributed denial-of-service attacks launched by the hacktivist group Anonymous against PayPal, MasterCard, Visa and other companies in 2010.
Hacktivist groups Anonymous and TeaMp0isoN have joined together in a new campaign that involves compromising credit card details and using them to donate money to charities, homeless people and anti-government protesters around the world.
MasterCard on Thursday gave a sneak peek into the near future of mobile payment systems and said that the Google Wallet application is within weeks of being rolled out commercially.
WikiLeaks' card payment processor is preparing legal action against Visa Europe, MasterCard Europe and other payment intermediaries after its contract to process payments was abruptly terminated following WikiLeaks' release of secret U.S. diplomatic ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Steam's Summer Sale kicks off with a $15 Steam Link, game discounts galore, and digital stickers
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTChange ManagerOther
- CCSenior Application Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Product ManagerQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperOther
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.Other
- FTDatabase DeveloperOther
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTOrganizational Change ManagerACT
- FTCitrix Designer / EngineerOther
- FTSAP Data Migration Specialists. Work Location - CanberraOther
- CCAutomation Test Analyst Guidewire QLD
- CCEUS Junior Application Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- CCICT TrainerQLD
- CCPeoplesoft campus solution consultant/TesterNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- CCIT Partner Relationship ManagerNSW
- FTBI Release / Test ManagerOther
- FTSystem EngineerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTSalesforce Consultant - AdministrationQLD
- TPFull Stack PHP / Web DeveloperQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - IP routing & switchingOther
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesOther
- FTChange AnalystOther