Google has started to roll out the long-awaited web interface for its Allo messaging app, but it still requires a phone to work.
Google announced that it will be shutting Talk down on June 26 and removing SMS support from Hangouts on May 22 in a continuing attempt to consolidate its many messaging apps.
Viber's got a new feature for those who don't want their secret conversations uncovered by losing their phone.
A new update rolling out to the Android Allo app adds a new icon for bringing Assistant into a conversation, lets you search for GIFs, and upgrades some popular emojis.
WhatsApp is adding two-step verification, an extra security feature that all users should enable as soon as it becomes available. Here's how it works.
Google has finally launched Android Messages on the web, letting users send and receive texts from their PC. But is it better than Apple's Messages on the Mac?
The latest update to Google's Allo messaging app lets you create stickers in your likeness and send them to your friends. Here's how to do it.
Facebook's new encrypted messaging feature, Secret Conversations, is now live for everyone on Android and iOS.
From super-size emoji to tap-back bubbles, from full-screen laser effects to sending a heartbeat, iMessages in iOS 10 is jam-packed. Here's how to get started.
Snapchat and Bitmoji were a match made in heaven, but don't expect a Snapchat App Store anytime soon.
Don't get distracted by the super-sized emoji and full-screen fireworks. The most significant change to Messages in iOS 10 is third-party app integration.
Ditch the dual-phone hassle by assigning yourself a second phone number, complete with texting and other services.
With the right tools you can leave your phone on the desk more often when you're working or playing on a PC.
So you're looking to work with an overseas supplier for parts. Or you need to hire a programmer whose English is fractured at best. Now what? Do you really need to hire a translator just so you can communicate with these folks?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo AX7 review: New looks, same old budget buy
- 2 JBL Free X review: Better battery life comes at a cost
- 3 Samsung Tab S4 review: Freestyle
- 4 Razer Phone 2 review: One for the fans
- 5 Sony WF-SP900 review: One step forward, two steps back
Join the newsletter!
- Nvidia's $99 Jetson Nano Developer Kit brings GPU-supercharged AI smarts to maker projects
- RTX on GTX: Nvidia is enabling ray tracing on some GeForce GTX graphics cards
- Dell G7 review: Growing pains
- Logitech G935 review: Slight upgrade to an old favorite
- Pure, progressive and principled: What goes into a modern Nokia handset?
PCW Evaluation Team
This small mobile printer is exactly what I need for invoicing and other jobs such as sending fellow tradesman details or step-by-step instructions that I can easily print off from my phone or the Web.
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
- Everything we (already) know about the Samsung Galaxy S10, S10e, S10+ and Galaxy F
- Want to play Apex Legends?
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Everything you need to know about Smart TVs
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?