Despite the fact that <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/020310-facebook-sees-need-for-terabit.html">Facebook famously said</a> that it needs Terabit Ethernet, the wait for the technology could last years, experts say.
For the first time in its history, the IEEE has released two Ethernet standards simultaneously: 40 Gigabit Ethernet (40GE) and 100 Gigabit Ethernet (100GE), both defined by the 802.3ba Task Force.
The IEEE's 802.3az standard for Energy Efficient Ethernet is expected to be finalized by next year, but it's not too soon to think about how your IT organization can migrate to EEE.
This year saw the slow, painful dismantling of Nortel. Its gradual exit from the tech scene played out the entire year, as each month brought news of more layoffs, markdowns or sell-offs.
Ciena will pay US$769 million for the optical networking and carrier Ethernet assets of Nortel Networks' Metro Ethernet Networks business, the two companies said on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 8: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Huawei Y5 (2017): Full, in depth review
- 3 LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- 4 First Look: Nikon D850
- 5 OnePlus 5: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- How Bots Can Make Communications More Human
- Newegg is selling a 34-inch 3440-by-1440 display for $480 today
- Synology announces slew of new hardware + software at Sydney event
- Google's Instant Apps hit the Play Store as a big step toward a future of cloud-based apps
- Moto X4 Review: A good reminder of what a great deal looks like
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- CCJunior Test AnalystACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Multiple RolesACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst (x2)NSW
- FTTechnical Support OfficerOther
- CCTechnical WriterQLD
- FTData EngineerOther
- FT.Net Developer - Multiple OpportunitiesOther
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer | Data Feeds | AI & AutomationOther
- FT.Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCSCOM SpecialistQLD
- CCSAP CRM Functional Consultants - Multiple rolesVIC
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsACT
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Federal GovernmentOther
- CCCRM Support DeveloperWA
- CCIT Finance AnalystNSW
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- FTSenior Salesforce Systems AnalystQLD
- FTScrum MasterOther
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA
- CCSAP Finance AnalystNSW