Speculation for months suggested Apple would put an Near-Field Communication chip in its next iPhone. But when the iPhone 4S was unveiled this week, the mobile payment technology was missing from the device.
Mobile and Wireless
Research in Motion's PlayBook looks to be in trouble, as it appears that the smartphone maker has stopped production of the tablet and is actively considering getting out of the business, says Collins Stewart semiconductor analyst John Vihn.
Research in Motion said Thursday that it remains committed to the PlayBook tablet and the tablet market, discounting an analyst's report that said the death of the device is imminent.
Microsoft began its Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango" update to smartphones globally at 1 p.m. ET Tuesday.
Even though Google said its Google Wallet app was available Monday, it won't be installed over-the-air to all Nexus S 4G customers until Friday night.
When it comes to the bevy of new tablet computers coming to market, a tablet maker's brand will take on more significance than ever.
Just last year, with the arrival of Android 2.0 mobile operating system, I warned that Android devices were not quite ready for the enterprise.
Bringing VR out of office and study spaces will serve to help it attract the new audiences it needs to continue growing
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- 2 Oppo R11s review: The iClone you know and love, but not quite the one you deserve
- 3 Blackberry KEYone Black Edition review: What the original KEYone should have been
- 4 Samsung Gear IconX 2018 review: The path of least resistance makes for an easy upgrade
- 5 LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
Join the newsletter!
- What to Expect at MWC 2018 from Samsung, LG, HTC, Nokia, Huawei & More
- MWC 2018: Intel and Huawei to showcase 5GNR public interoperability demonstration
- MWC 2018: Intel confirms OEM collaboration on 5G PCs
- HP Mixed Reality Headset review: Software shortcomings make a robust headset feel unremarkable
- Intel expects PCs with fast 5G wireless to ship in late 2019
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Sony a7R Mk III review: The strongest case yet for ditching your DSLR
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Oppo R11s: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTUnix/Linux System Administrator - PERMANENT ROLEQLD
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTGraduate Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSAP IS-U and SAP EWM Greenfield implemenationVIC
- FTFeature Team Lead - paying $725 per dayOther
- FTMarketing ExecutiveOther
- FTSystems Support AnalystQLD
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Business Process Solutions - MelbourneVIC
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorVIC
- FTTest Manager - "ieMR"/ "Cerner Millennium Product Suite"Other
- CCDevOps EngineerQLD
- CCSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTUnity DeveloperOther
- FTCommunications ManagerOther
- FTOnsite Support EngineerOther
- FTJava Developer - Foreign ExchangeOther
- FTInfrastructure Delivery ManagerOther
- FTCyber Security AnalystOther
- FTProject Analyst / Project SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Transition Project ManagerOther
- TPSenior Full stack Developer (Java)ACT
- FTProject Manager, Relocation, Fitout & ConstructionOther
- FTOnsite Support Engineer (sys admin)Other