Instagram's got five new filters that it hopes will improve people's smartphone photos by changing them less.
Android apps really do use those permissions they ask for to access users' personal information: one online store records a phone's location up to 10 times a minute, French researchers have found. The tools to manage such access are limited, and inad...
IBM and Apple have unveiled the first results of their enterprise IT partnership: 10 mobile applications aimed at businesses in six industries as well as government users.
Ride-hailing service Uber has hit yet another legal roadblock, with a Madrid court ordering it to stop all its activities in Spain.
The usefulness of Android in your car, on your TV and smartwatch will be decided by app availability, and Google is hoping to make it easier to create them with its new development environment, Android Studio.
Google will soon begin to contact customers who made in-app purchases on Android devices about potential refunds under a settlement of an unfair billing complaint by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Do you hate the song Pandora just played for you? The music streaming service wants you to give it more feedback so it can play the songs you want to hear.
Opera Software thinks users are ready to subscribe to mobile apps just like music and is pitching curated versions of the company's Mobile Store to operators.
Even though China has blocked access to Google Play in the country, the app platform is still hoping to bring aboard more Chinese-made apps, and help them make money from international customers.
German startup Priori Data is set to launch an app analytics platform designed to help developers, and anyone else who's interested, find out what's really hot and what's not on Apple's App Store and Google Play.
Months after its messaging app was blocked in China, the company behind Line is "optimistic" it can bring the service back to the country in the near future, in spite of the government's growing censorship of the Internet.
Millions of Chinese will now be able to buy from Apple's App Store through the country's major domestic banking card provider, in a deal that could help the company squeeze even more revenue from one of its biggest markets.
Pandora, the algorithmic music radio app, is not afraid of its competitors in on-demand streaming like Spotify and Apple-owned Beats Music, because it has better feedback data than them, the company claims.
A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it's worth fewer with a lousy caption -- and let's not even get into hashtags -- so Instagram is trying to help users clean things up.
While you were busy rating your last Uber driver, your last Uber driver was busy rating you.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Newegg is selling a pure sine wave UPS for just $125 right now
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTDeployment Analyst / Customer Service - Minchinbury NSWNSW
- FTSenior Digital Developer - SitecoreQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTIteration ManagerQLD
- TPSQL Database AdministratorNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCPega DeveloperACT
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- FTGraphics Designer / UI DesignerQLD
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- TPSoftware Engineer / DeveloperQLD
- CCDesigner - Salesforce Marketing CloudVIC
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerVIC
- CCJava / J2EE DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Security ConsultantNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPData Migration LeadNSW
- FTManager - Information ManagementNSW
- FTDigital Solution ArchitectNSW