Tossup, a new Microsoft app for Android and iOS, aims to make it easier for users to poll their friends and get together.
A consumer protection group in China is suing Samsung Electronics and a Chinese vendor for placing too many preinstalled apps on phones, and is demanding that the whole smartphone industry eschew bloatware.
Facebook is preparing a new way to show videos on the social network and opening the door to a new source of advertising revenue at the same time.
Shazam is releasing a new version of its music recognition app that lets users connect with artists they like and see what songs they've searched for using its service.
Uber is adding to its mapping smarts by acquiring technology used by Microsoft's Bing Maps, and has hired roughly 100 Microsoft employees who work on image collection and data analysis.
When the Supreme Court issued its historic ruling on Friday legalizing same-sex marriage across the U.S., many of the biggest technology companies embraced the decision with characteristic flair through social media, on their sites, and with tools th...
Sharing links with friends in Facebook's mobile app is a pain that requires -- gasp -- leaving Facebook and copying and pasting URLs. Now there's a feature that simplifies the process.
Yahoo is updating its search service on mobile devices, taking a leaf out of Google's book and highlighting content such as images, videos and reviews ahead of regular search results.
Companies large and small are scrambling to keep up with the demands of an increasingly mobile world, and on Thursday Salesforce unveiled a new line of tools that's designed to help.
Facebook wants to squeeze as much growth as it can out of its popular Messenger app, even if that means foregoing Facebook.
Instagram, the popular app for sharing photos with friends, is broadening the reach of those photos.
Microsoft has rolled out a new OneNote feature to the iPhone first before any other platform, showing off the company's interest in promoting cross-platform use of its note-taking system.
Twitter is planning some big changes to the way people follow events using its service, with a major new feature that will group together tweets, photos and videos related to whatever's happening in the moment.
Microsoft updated its Outlook apps for iOS and Android Thursday to let system administrators have greater control over how employees use corporate email accounts.
As HTC faces shrinking revenue, the smartphone vendor is testing ads over its BlinkFeed media aggregation app, and some users aren't happy.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical WriterVIC
- FTLevel 1 Support OfficerQLD
- FTDigital ProducerNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - ProcurementQLD
- TPSenior Web DeveloperQLD
- FTInformation Management Business Capability AnalystACT
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerSA
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- FTDatabase Developer - SQLACT
- FTData Analyst / Reporting SpecialistNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- CCTRIM TrainerACT
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTManual TesterACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD