At its I/O keynote, Google did its best to get developers excited about building apps for Android with new tools and money-making schemes. But Google is also expanding support for developers who'd rather create iOS apps.
Social network Path will soon be under new ownership.
Earlier this month, Sidecar expanded its mobile ride hailing service to deliver medical marijuana in San Francisco. It's not the only substance the startup wants to bring to your door.
A judge in Milan banned UberPop in Italy on Tuesday, ruling that the car-hailing service constitutes unfair competition for taxi drivers.
Microsoft is bringing Cortana to iOS and Android smartphones, extending the voice-controlled personal assistant to platforms beyond Windows 10 and Windows Phone.
By building browsers with integrated ad blocking, German company Eyeo hopes to attract more users. A beta version of the Android browser is now available for download from the Play store.
A mobile browser owned by China's Alibaba Group contained privacy risks that could have exposed users' personal data, according to a security group.
Early this year, Dropbox released its cloud storage service on Windows phones and tablets, and on Tuesday the company followed up with a universal app that fleshes out the features for both types of devices.
YouTube Kids, a Google app for preschoolers that is supposed to only show safe content, is full of videos that are potentially harmful to children, according to a complaint filed against it in the U.S.
Microsoft is adjusting how it ranks Bing search results for mobile users, prioritizing sites that display better on smaller screens to accommodate the increased use of mobile search.
Facebook aims to speed up the delivery of news on the company’s mobile apps with Instant Articles. The New York Times, National Geographic and others will use it to publish interactive articles directly on Facebook’s iPhone app.
Uber, known for its no-hassle, no-cash payment system for rides, will start testing cash payments in India in the coming week.
Lyft is looking to better compete against larger rival Uber through a partnership with Verizon Wireless.
With Apple offering its own tool for developers to see how their apps are selling, pressure is on specialist vendors to improve their offerings. On Wednesday, App Annie announced it had acquired mobile measurement company Mobidia to do just that.
Chinese authorities visited an Uber office in the country on Wednesday, just a week after another company office faced a local police raid over its ride-hailing service.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- Tannenberg expands Verdun's World War I horrors to the Eastern front
- Audio-Technica ATH-AG1X review: A good gaming headset with one killer flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTDelivery Analyst | $62 p/hrVIC
- TPInformation Management SpecialistVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Deployment ManagerVIC
- TPPrimary Support Officer (Level 1)VIC
- TPEnterprise Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCSenior Data EngineerNSW
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSupport OfficerSA
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTSystems EngineerNSW
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- CCPega DeveloperSA
- CCProject Delivery LeadQLD
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW