Some new details have emerged about Jelly, the mysterious startup from Twitter co-founder Biz Stone: The company's app is "very close" to launching, and will be available for free on iOS and Android-based devices, Stone recently said.
Mobile management vendors like Good Technology and MobileIron are increasing efforts to pitch Android and iOS as alternatives to BlackBerry, thanks to improved security and management tools.
Google has added new features to its search app on iOS, like updated reminders and hands-free search, designed to proactively deliver information to people at certain moments.
Mobile developers will be able to track usage of their Android and iOS applications, as well as experiment with interface improvements, with two free services from Amazon.
BlackBerry will change its CEO and accept a $US1 billion loan from a consortium involving shareholder Fairfax Financial Holdings as it struggles with inventory and strategy problems. The company has abandoned plans to sell itself.
BlackBerry is expected to announce a definitive merger agreement with Fairfax Financial Holdings on Monday -- or present an alternative bidder to help get the company back on track, with the latter group including the likes of Qualcomm.
Google has paid extra attention to Android's performance on low-cost smartphones when developing version 4.4 of the OS, which could be very good news for consumers and developers but a problem for competitors like Mozilla and Nokia.
Nokia once again sold a record number of Lumia smartphones during the third quarter, helping the company narrow its net loss.
Twitter became an Internet phenomenon as a tool for posting short text messages, but now it also wants to feature multimedia content more prominently.
Apple has pushed iOS 7.0.3 to iOS devices everywhere. The update adds support for iCloud Keychain and should provide two big fixes: both to the accelerometer calibration issue some users were seeing and recent iMessage bugs.
Rumors that Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi might be breaking from Android to develop its own mobile operating system are not true, company executives said on Tuesday.
Ex-Googler Hugo Barra has a thing for the fans -- but not Google's.
Two new smartphones are going after customers who want supersized screens: Nokia's new Lumia 1520, launched Tuesday, runs Windows Phone and HTC's One Max is an Android offering. But how do the two stack up side-by-side? It's time for a face-off on th...
Nokia has added a tablet and two large-screen smartphones to its Lumia family, and is once again counting on its camera technology to attract buyers.
In what could turn out to be its last big event before Microsoft takes over, Nokia is expected to add large-screen smartphones and a tablet to its Lumia family as well as upgrade its portfolio of low-cost smartphones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- MSI Wins Computex Best Choice Award 2017 for a Record-Breaking 5 Products
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCProject Manager Information ManagementQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCSystems Analyst- Port MacquarieQLD
- TPBI ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Data EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- FTSenior Test Analyst - UATQLD
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTSenior Support EngineerNSW
- CCXML DeveloperVIC
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCProject Manager - Grant managementNSW
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTDigital Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCTesting SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior .Net DeveloperQLD
- CCSharepoint Analyst / DeveloperQLD
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- FTLevel 3 Service Desk Support Engineer / Project ManagerQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 2 SupportQLD