Samsung plans to launch its first cell phones this year based on Tizen, a Linux-based operating system that will principally rival Google's Android OS.
Samsung Electronics should keep its commitment to consumers and withdraw its demands for bans on imports of Apple products in the U.S. as it did in Europe, Apple said in documents filed with the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) on Wednesday.
Japan's biggest cellular network operator, NTT DoCoMo, is working with Intel and Samsung on development of the Tizen operating system and the first smartphone based on the platform could be out in Japan in 2013, according to a Japanese newspaper repo...
Nokia has signed a new patent license agreement with Research In Motion, which will end all existing patent litigation between the two companies.
Research In Motion will let its customers pick and choose individual BlackBerry services such as security and mobile device management after it introduces the long-awaited BlackBerry 10 platform next month.
Research In Motion reported falling unit sales and revenue in its third fiscal quarter as it geared up for the introduction of its BlackBerry 10 OS next month.
Apple has appealed a judge's decision not to ban from sale in the U.S. 26 Samsung cell phones that were found to infringe on its patents.
Apple today released an update for iOS that fixes an unspecified Wi-Fi bug in the iPhone 5 and iPad Mini.
Apple on Tuesday released iOS 6.0.2, an update aimed at fixing a Wi-Fi bug afflicting some devices.
Samsung dropped all claims pending in European courts in which it asserted patents that are essential for mobile communication devices to prevent the sales of Apple products in Europe.
Windows Phone 7.8 is available on Nokia's new Lumia 510, but the company still won't say when existing phones will get the update.
A suspected fault in how Samsung Electronics has implemented the Android's kernel in several of its devices could allow a malicious application to gain total control over the device.
Google Maps' return to the iPhone and iPad this week may not be permanent, an analyst said today.
When users install Google Maps on their iPhone, the option to share location data with Google is switched on by default. By doing this, Google violates European data protection law, according to a German data protection watchdog.
Microsoft says Windows Phone app reviewers will be working into the holidays to deal with a flood of new app submissions to the Windows Phone Store, but at least one major company isn't buying into the Windows Phone hype.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectVIC
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieNSW
- CCC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - Accountin Finance and AssetWA
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTDigital Developer | LAMP Stack | Digital AgencyNSW
- TPSecurity AdvisorACT
- FTSenior Solution Designer, Investment and Trading PlatformNSW
- CCConsultant - Hogan Health CheckQLD
- CCAppian Developer x 2VIC
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)NSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager - Change ManagementQLD
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageVIC
- TPSenior Developer - API - Data ReportingNSW
- FTSenior Analyst Programmer - Equities or DerivativesNSW
- FTNetwork SpecialistNSW