Microsoft is hoping to turn around the fortunes of Windows Phone with a growing number of cheap smartphones: The Lumia 435 and Lumia 532 are its latest contenders.
The launch of the iPhone 6 helped Apple increase its share of the smartphone OS market in eight countries, according to a report from research firm Kantar Worldpanel ComTech.
A successful iPhone 6 launch in the U.S. helped Apple increase its share of the smartphone market in the third quarter, but nemesis Samsung Electronics struggled, with upstart Chinese manufacturers nipping at its heels and growing ever stronger.
BlackBerry is now free to integrate German security vendor Secusmart's voice encryption technology on its smartphones and software, after the German government approved its acquisition of the company.
With the Lumia 535, Microsoft has delivered a worthy successor to the successful 520 that stacks up well against tough Android competitors like the Motorola Moto E, which the smartphone beats on several fronts.
Apple is at last offering a simple way for former iPhone users to receive text messages sent into limbo by the company's iMessage service.
Microsoft's first Windows smartphone since it dumped the Nokia brand will arrive on Tuesday, and a teaser from the company hints that it will be a new low-end model.
Researchers at Palo Alto Networks said they've discovered an impressive malware attack against Apple devices, which for now appears to be limited to users of a Chinese application store.
E-commerce giant Alibaba Group is happy to play the long game in trying to unseat Android's dominance in China, despite slow progress with the company's own mobile OS.
Push notifications -- those pesky alerts from the apps on your smartphone -- tread a fine line between being useful and annoying. Facebook wants to tip the scales toward the former.
Ericsson's Bowser has been resurrected to make up for the lack of a WebRTC-compatible browser on iOS and is now available for download from Apple's App Store.
Microsoft will continue to sell low-end phones with the Nokia brand and has licensed the brand for these type of devices.
Android may still be the most popular mobile OS in China, but local e-commerce giant Alibaba Group continues to offer its own alternative, and has just landed its biggest partner yet.
The launch of Apple Pay on Monday has brought considerable publicity to a technology that's already embedded in millions of Android smartphones yet has so far failed to take off.
China's Alibaba Group has decided to power app searches for its mobile operating system using technology from U.S.-based Quixey, a company in which it invested.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The top 3 Best DDR4 computer memory RAM kits in 2017 that you can buy right now
- Watch us play Vanquish on PC
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTSenior Systems AnalystSA
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- FTTeam Leader Solution DeliveryQLD
- FTTechnology Project ManagerNSW
- FTManual Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior React DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation Manager/PlannerVIC
- CCTransport EngineerVIC
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- FTSecurity ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperNSW
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- CCDevOps Engineer with strong Docker skills - Contract - North Shore SydneyNSW
- TPBI DeveloperNSW
- FTScrum Master/Project ManagerQLD
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- FTDesktop Support OfficerSA
- FTIT Support EngineerNSW
- FTSalesforce Marketing ConsultantNSW
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW