Apple's share of global smartphone shipments declined to 13.2% in the second quarter, while both Android and Windows Phone registered slight increases, IDC said Wednesday.
Google's new Nexus 7 tablet held up better than the iPad Mini and the original Nexus 7 in durability tests performed by Square Trade.
Nokia has unveiled its largest Windows 8 smartphone, the Lumia 625, which sports a 4.7-in. LCD screen and a price tag of under US$300.
Microsoft is reportedly moving ahead quickly with development of a smartwatch, having reached the prototype stage of a 1.5-in. device running on a modified Windows 8 housed in a translucent aluminum case.
Nokia has officially announced its Lumia 1020 smartphone with superior camera and video technologies, including a 41 megapixel optical sensor and 6x zoom.
Armed with the Nokia Lumia 1020's camera superiority in a crowded smartphone market dominated by Android and iOS, it appears that Nokia is helping Windows Phone instead of the other way around.
Microsoft has doubled the support lifespan of Windows Phone 8 from 18 to 36 months and promised to release an enterprise-oriented "feature pack" for the mobile operating system in the first half of 2014.
At MobileBeat 2013, Samsung unveiled a prototype for a new smartphone with healthcare monitoring that features two fold-out panels that can change colors based on the mode the phone is in.
Two years after virtually dropping out of the mobile business, Hewlett-Packard is working on a new smartphone, an HP executive told Press Trust of India.
The first Web-based Firefox mobile OS smartphones will be released soon in Spain and Poland, with more coming soon to other regions of the world, Mozilla announced Monday.
if reports are accurate, Facebook may soon be where smartphone and tablet users can get the latest news from around the world.
The successor to LG's Optimus G smartphone, due sometime in the third quarter, will run a faster Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, the companies said.
BlackBerry Messenger, a free messaging and social networking app for BlackBerry devices, will arrive at iOS and Android app stores at some point, but not on 27 June.
A majority of Americans -- about 56% -- now own a smartphone, according to Pew Research Center's latest survey.
ARM Holdings has done well under CEO Warren East and there was no obvious reason for him to step aside. But by July 1, the new CEO, fellow ARM veteran Simon Segars, will be the new chief executive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review: A solid winter flagship that cribs from the best
- 2 Google Pixel 2 review: not quite 'pixel perfect' but damn close
- 3 Huawei Nova 2i review: Flagship features get smuggled into the mid-tier
- 4 Moto X4 review: This is what a world without MotoMods looks like
- 5 Giabyte Aorus X9 Gaming Laptop review: Full, in-depth review
Join the newsletter!
- Five hidden features of Android 8.0 Oreo you should be using
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- AKG N60 NC review: on-ear headphones that sound great and make sense but fail to raise the bar
- Microsoft's Surface Book 2 has a power problem
- This week in games: Battlefront II disables microtransactions, Total War goes to Britain
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro review
- Dell Inspiron 5675 Gaming Desktop review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
Product Launch Showcase
- CCData Center Operations EngineerWA
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- CCAPI Developer - ApigeeVIC
- FTRecords AnalystOther
- CCITSM OR iTIL Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCMid-level SAP Architect - Brisbane basedVIC
- FTBusiness Information Security Officer (BISO)NSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PEGAOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - ContractOther
- FTLean Six Sigma Consultant - Black BeltNSW
- CCService management Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / Team LeadNSW
- FTSAP Lead Solution ArchitectOther
- FTField Services TechnicianACT
- TPBusiness Analyst ManagerNSW
- CCReporting AnalystNSW
- FTMultiple SOC Analyst RolesOther
- FTAgile Digital Business AnalystQLD
- TPPrincipal Data AnalystQLD
- FTTest Automation EngineerVIC
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- FTSAP Test ManagerACT
- CCDevOps Automation SME - Telco ClientVIC