Apple's share of global smartphone shipments declined to 13.2% in the second quarter, while both Android and Windows Phone registered slight increases, IDC said Wednesday.
Google's new Nexus 7 tablet held up better than the iPad Mini and the original Nexus 7 in durability tests performed by Square Trade.
Nokia has unveiled its largest Windows 8 smartphone, the Lumia 625, which sports a 4.7-in. LCD screen and a price tag of under US$300.
Microsoft is reportedly moving ahead quickly with development of a smartwatch, having reached the prototype stage of a 1.5-in. device running on a modified Windows 8 housed in a translucent aluminum case.
Nokia has officially announced its Lumia 1020 smartphone with superior camera and video technologies, including a 41 megapixel optical sensor and 6x zoom.
Armed with the Nokia Lumia 1020's camera superiority in a crowded smartphone market dominated by Android and iOS, it appears that Nokia is helping Windows Phone instead of the other way around.
Microsoft has doubled the support lifespan of Windows Phone 8 from 18 to 36 months and promised to release an enterprise-oriented "feature pack" for the mobile operating system in the first half of 2014.
At MobileBeat 2013, Samsung unveiled a prototype for a new smartphone with healthcare monitoring that features two fold-out panels that can change colors based on the mode the phone is in.
Two years after virtually dropping out of the mobile business, Hewlett-Packard is working on a new smartphone, an HP executive told Press Trust of India.
The first Web-based Firefox mobile OS smartphones will be released soon in Spain and Poland, with more coming soon to other regions of the world, Mozilla announced Monday.
if reports are accurate, Facebook may soon be where smartphone and tablet users can get the latest news from around the world.
The successor to LG's Optimus G smartphone, due sometime in the third quarter, will run a faster Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor, the companies said.
BlackBerry Messenger, a free messaging and social networking app for BlackBerry devices, will arrive at iOS and Android app stores at some point, but not on 27 June.
A majority of Americans -- about 56% -- now own a smartphone, according to Pew Research Center's latest survey.
ARM Holdings has done well under CEO Warren East and there was no obvious reason for him to step aside. But by July 1, the new CEO, fellow ARM veteran Simon Segars, will be the new chief executive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTOracle Identity Management Solution ArchitectOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTMaster Agent - Key Sunshine Coast territoryQLD
- FTSenior Analyst - Security / DevOpsOther
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTTeam Lead Enterprise Services & InfrastructureOther
- FTSolution Architect - SecurityVIC
- FTReporting AnalystSA
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTAnalyst Programmer (Classic ASP / VB)Other
- FTChange ManagerOther
- CCSenior Teradata Developer/Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCSolaris Migration SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst TechnicalQLD
- FTNetwork SpecialistOther
- FTEnterprise and Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTUX/CX LeadOther
- TPSolution Architect - RISQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst, BankingOther
- FTWintel EngineerACT