Google has made available the full SDK for the Android 3.0 mobile platform, featuring a UI redesigned for tablets and more connectivity options.
Adobe today is announcing version 5.4 of its Adobe WEM (Web Experience Management) suite of content and campaign management tools. Based on the CQ5 content management system acquired from Day last year, Adobe WEM adds a capability to automatically re...
Tablet computing is a decade-old technology, but one that lay buried since users rejected Microsoft's "heavy OS" approach a while back. A year ago, Apple's iPad resurrected the tablet computing concept, delivering a lightweight sheet of computational...
Microsoft and RIM are making moves to assist application developers building for the vendors' respective handheld platforms, with Microsoft updating developer tools for Windows Phone and RIM upgrading a simulator for the upcoming RIM PlayBook tablet.
Branches of the American Civil Liberties Union and other organizations are launching on Friday the 2011 Develop for Privacy Challenge, a competition for mobile application developers to address privacy concerns about mobile phones and other portable ...
The beauty of the cloud is that it makes it easy for people to get technology in place when they need it. The ugliness of the cloud is that it lets employees bring in technology that the business is unaware of, potentially exposing confidential infor...
Khronos Group released on Tuesday upgrades to its OpenSL ES specification for high-performance, low-latency audio and its OpenMax AL specification for multimedia applications on mobile and embedded devices.
With Apple's iOS 4 supporting corporate security requirements, companies are increasingly saying an explicit yes to iPhone use. Certainly an iPad makes more sense as a lightweight laptop replacement (see InfoWorld's picks for the best iPad office app...
It's no surprise that iPhone and Android users are using more data today than the iPhone users of two years ago (when there were no popular Android devices). But a recent report from Arieso, a British firm that provides cellular carriers software to ...
Computers and their software today are too complicated, and users are increasingly looking at iPads and cloud-based services such as Google Docs to handle the basics that most of us stick to: document editing, photo management, emailing, Web browsing...
Competing with Apple on quality, elegance, and innovation is nearly always a losing battle. By comparison, most products feel awkward and substandard. And so it is with the Samsung Galaxy Tab, a 7-inch, Android 2.2-powered touch-based slate device.
Research in Motion (RIM) is now accepting applications for its upcoming BlackBerry PlayBook tablet computer into the company's BlackBerry App World application store, RIM said on Tuesday.
It's been a year since Google first said it would deliver a browser-only operating system for laptops called Chrome OS. Today, Google previewed the real thing at a time the iPad slate concept has already gained remarkable traction by businesses and u...
Google is unveiling on Monday an upgrade to its mobile platform, Android 2.3, which features refinements to the UI as well as capabilities for rich multimedia, mobile payments, and faster text input.
Innovations in mobile computing will continue apace in coming years, but battery power and wireless spectrum could become critical obstacles, according to mobile executives speaking Tuesday evening at a gathering in Silicon Valley.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Amazon has knocked $50 off the price of a 1TB SSD
- 10 supremely useful Microsoft OneNote add-ins and tools
- Hands-on: How the Asus ROG GX501 Zephyrus performs with Nvidia's Max-Q technology
- EU fines Google €2.42 billion, orders changes in search results
- OnePlus 5 review: This mid-range Android phone is speedy inside, but stale outside
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Business Analyst, Investment FundsNSW
- FTSolution Architect - PermanentQLD
- CCTechnical Support - L2ACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperOther
- CCDevOps Team LeaderNSW
- FTAgile Project ManagerOther
- FTProject Coordinator - Travel IndustryQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskOther
- FTIT Support Specialist - Level 2Other
- FTLead Business Analyst, MortgagesOther
- TPSAP TrainerACT
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- FTProject Coordinator - Digital Applications (IT)Other
- FTImplementation Consultant - SMSF SoftwareOther
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- FTDevOps ConsultantOther
- FTSolution ConsultantVIC
- FTProject Implementation ManagerOther
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- CCTechnical Project Manager - CloudNSW
- FTPractice Director Development – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTContract ManagerACT