The tidal wave of 4G phones at CES is just beginning with this morning's launch of the HTC EVO Shift 4G from Sprint.
Companies have turned to Internet videos to leap ahead of rivals in announcing their new products at the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) this year, or at least to create buzz around their launches.
Here come the iPad competitors of 2011
Motorola will integrate media streaming on its Android-based smartphones
The rumors surrounding a Motorola Android tablet have finally been confirmed--though we still don't know very much about it. Motorola posted a YouTube video today called "Tablet Evolution," which starts with an ancient Egyptian stone tablet and ends ...
Despite ongoing speculation that Android 3.0 is imminent, it looks like the next release of the mobile operating system--dubbed "Honeycomb"--will be version 2.4.
A company using crowdsourcing methods to challenge patents has targeted three mobile e-mail patents held by NTP, a Virginia company that has filed more than a dozen infringement lawsuits in the past four years.
Motorola announced two rugged Wi-Fi-ready mobile computers Tuesday for use in retail, manufacturing and health care.
On the same day that Google released its "Gingerbread" platform, it also debuted its soon-to-be-released Android platform tailored specifically for tablets.
Android fans won't have to wait much longer to get their hands on an optimized version of Android for tablet devices. Andy Rubin, Google's vice president of engineering, debuted an early version of Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) running on a Motorola one-pa...
Google's chief Android engineer on Monday showed a glimpse of a forthcoming tablet from Motorola, a potential competitor to Apple's iPad with a more powerful processor.
Research in Motion (RIM) has purchased the Astonishing Tribe (TAT), a Swedish company that by its own admission creates "beautiful user interfaces." Working behind the scenes, TAT's technology has provided custom interfaces for phones produced by Sam...
I am a brave man. I just want to put that out there. Why brave? Because, for no reason other than the sheer testes-shriveling terror of it, I decided to upgrade the operating systems on both my laptop and my smartphone at the same time.
The guys over at XDA Developers Forums have been busy hacking once again. This time they turned their attention to the Motorola Defy, which was released on November 3rd (and introduced on Oprah for that matter). Forum member Pedrodh assembled up a st...
Apple's mobile OS has been facing stiff competition from Google's Android in the smartphone world for quite some time, but a few recent moves from Cupertino suggest that it's feeling the heat more than ever.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieQLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Analyst - Rostering ProjectNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- TPEOI - Developers and Tester (APS)ACT
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware & Applications Programmer/DeveloperACT
- FTData Analyst - SASNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTL2/L3 Desktop Technician - FIFOWA
- CCSoftware EngineerNSW
- FTData ScientistACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelNSW
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- FTIntegration and Implementation SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- FTManager - Commercial ClientsACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD