HTC is most likely to introduce a tablet computer after the rumored BlackPad from Research in Motion is launched, online odds maker Bookmaker.com predicts.
Droid X owners who have been anxiously awaiting the latest version of Android now can celebrate: Android 2.2, aka Froyo, is available for your phone. The updated OS brings a host of improvements -- including support for Adobe's Flash technology -- to...
Companies are increasingly spending their smartphone dollars on Google Android devices, at least in part at the expense of RIM BlackBerry devices, according to ChangeWave Research’s latest numbers.
It's Froyo time! Well, almost. Verizon has announced that the Droid X will finally be getting the Android 2.2 update this coming Wednesday, 22nd September.
Motorola launched two new rugged handheld computers today, bringing to three the number of handhelds it makes that support both CDMA and GSM wireless technologies.
Verizon Wireless will push Android 2.2, or Froyo over the air to Motorola Droid X smartphones on Wednesday, though customers can now start updating to the new OS now on their own, the carrier said Tuesday.
Another day has dawned and still no official word of the Android 2.2 "Froyo" update for the Motorola Droid X. While the Droid X is a more than capable Android smartphone running Android 2.1, the Froyo update adds features and functions that users wan...
Where is Froyo for the Droid X?
The burgeoning tablet market is about to get even more crowded, as Motorola on Thursday confirmed that it, too, plans to offer a tablet computer in the coming months. Details about the Android-based device are scarce, however, and Motorola's Co-Chief...
Google has released a breakdown of Android releases running on active smartphones, tablets and other devices and the results show that the latest versions are taking off along with Android itself.
IDC today said that Global smartphone shipments will jump by 55 per cent this year compared to 2009, and 10 per cent more than projections it made earlier this year.
Google's Android mobile operating system proved a formidable rival to the wildly popular iPhone in a recent real-world test.
Smartphone leaks have been coming thick and fast over the past few weeks. The latest leak is a promotional video for Motorola's Android-powered Milestone 2, the successor to the original Milestone.
Motorola appears ready to do more development on top of Android, with its acquisition of <a href="http://280north.com/">280 North</a>, a company that develops Web applications.
Android has taken the mobile world by storm, so it's no surprise that Google's foray into the smartphone market would become the subject of numerous books written to explain the technology.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Newegg is selling a pure sine wave UPS for just $125 right now
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Nvidia's new generation of powerful GeForce GTX Battlebox PCs finally embraces AMD
- How Thunderbolt 3 won the port wars
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 360: Great for the Galaxy S8, not so much for the iPhone
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- MSI GE62 7RD Apache gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerQLD
- CCSoftware DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Security Engineer x 3NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- CCSplunk Software DeveloperVIC
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- TPInfrastructure Project ManagerQLD
- FTApplication System EngineerACT
- CCImplementation Manager - DeliveryVIC
- CCIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTLevel 3 Service Desk Support Engineer / Project ManagerQLD
- FTReport Developer and Visualisation AnalystQLD
- TPProject Manager - ProcurementQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTPeopleSoft Campus Solution ConsultantNSW
- CCChange ManagerWA
- FTBusiness Improvement ManagerNSW