The CEO of failed Bitcoin exchange Mt.Gox was arrested in Japan early Saturday by police, according to several media reports.
Few people marked the recent anniversary of one of the biggest catastrophes to hit bitcoin -- the day MtGox went bust.
Any backdoor connection that the Silk Road online market might have had with Mark Karpeles, the founder of the failed Mt. Gox Bitcoin exchange, will have to be disregarded unless defense attorneys present stronger evidence, the judge in the U.S. fede...
Nearly all of the roughly US$370 million in bitcoin that disappeared in the February 2014 collapse of Mt. Gox probably vanished due to fraudulent transactions, with only 1 percent taken by hackers, according to a report in Japan's Yomiuri Shimbun new...
Bitcoin exchange Kraken will help probe missing bitcoins as part of the liquidation of MtGox, once the world's largest trading place for the digital currency.
Mark Karpeles' t-shirt couldn't be more ironic.
The sale of the domain Bitcoins.com, affiliated with Mt. Gox CEO Mark Karpeles, has been halted after a U.S. court order, according to the auction house.
The trustee overseeing the carcass of Mt. Gox, once the world's largest trading platform for Bitcoin, told investors Wednesday that the company could be revived.
A group of creditors of failed Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox wants to acquire its assets and set up a new exchange for the digital currency in Japan.
Mark Karpeles, CEO of the now-bankrupt Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox, is auctioning off Bitcoins.com, a site Karpeles launched last year to provide information around the digital currency.
Creditors of bankrupt Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox have until Nov. 28 to file proof of their claims, according to a notice from its trustee.
Plaintiffs in two class-action suits charging the embattled Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox with fraud have agreed to a settlement, and new plans to revive the exchange have been drafted.
The clock may be running out on Mt. Gox, but a consortium of investors still wants to relaunch the failed Bitcoin exchange.
Bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox has abandoned its bid for revival and filed for liquidation with a Japanese court, The Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.
Mt. Gox CEO Mark Karpeles, who was ordered to appear before a U.S. bankruptcy court to answer questions, has asked for a postponement of his deposition.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Launceston becomes Australia’s first gigabit city
- Power surge at British Airways data centre causes flight chaos
- Asus' affordable but powerful VivoBook Pro 15 to offer Optane Memory
- Asus unveils the super slim ZenBook Flip S convertible
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Asus launches laptops to start Computex 2017
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTSystem Analyst - IntegrationQLD
- FTProject Manager or Coordinator - Retail Store ProjectsNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMOVIC
- CCTRIM TrainerACT
- FTProject Support OfficerQLD
- FTImplementation Engineer - Cisco UCSWA
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCUnix AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Procurement Specialist | 3mth ContractVIC
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- FTClient Onboarding ManagerNSW
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP ISU Billing Consultant - FunctionalVIC
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Process ConsultantNSW
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- CCSolution Architect with Magento experience wantedVIC
- CCSenior Network Architect - CCIEVIC
- CCTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTDeployment Engineer / Field Service EngineerQLD
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - GROUP LIFE INSURANCENSW