Japanese operator NTT DoCoMo has joined forces with six vendors to conduct experimental trials of emerging 5G technologies, hoping to lay the groundwork for mobile networks that offer data transmissions at more than 10Gbps.
NEC has launched a biometric security program that uses face recognition to unlock access to PCs.
NTT and NEC have launched a compression unit for 4K/60p high-resolution video that can compress video in real time using the HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) format.
It's official: The notebook computer can now see as well as take your picture. Meet the Intel RealSense 3D camera.
A 40-year-old NEC account manager has been charged with mail fraud for allegedly obtaining replacement networking parts from Cisco using bogus names, the U.S. Department of Justice said Wednesday.
NEC will introduce no new smartphones, and will make current models only to order, as it struggles to find the economies of scale required to compete in the market.
Hewlett Packard and Japan's NEC will expand their existing partnership to develop high-end x86-based servers for cloud and Web applications.
An 8,900 kilometer undersea fiber cable system in Asia, backed by a consortium including Google, China Telecom, NEC and a host of local telecommunications companies, went live Thursday.
Japan's NEC has come up with a different way to answer consumer demands for bigger screens on smartphones. Rather than use a single, larger display, which makes the entire phone larger, the company has fitted a second screen to its Medias W handset t...
One of Japan's largest ad agencies will soon launch a new ad platform that mixes image recognition software with GPS and time data from smartphones to link consumers with product information.
NEC's new high-end server contains swappable battery packs, intended to provide backup power without the need for an external uninterruptible power supply (UPS) in data centers.
Three of Japan's tech giants will work together to increase data transmission speeds over optical fiber, aiming for 400Gbps per channel by 2014.
NEC is working on a new type of small data center unit that uses convection to slash power usage by a third, even in Japan's hot, sticky climate.
NEC is working on a suitcase-sized DNA analyzer, which it says will be able to process samples at the scene of a crime or disaster in as little as 25 minutes.
Using concepts from IT and networking, a Japanese consortium plans to develop large-scale energy grids that will handle power the way the Internet handles data, using "routers" and "service providers" to efficiently manage and direct the flow of elec...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTASP.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorSA
- FTICT Programme Director – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTService Centre ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTLean Six Sigma - BPE Design LeadOther
- FTPractice Director Design – Adelaide Delivery CentreSA
- FTApplication Support Lead l Experience with health applicationsNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerOther
- FTCommunications Lead/ManagerACT
- FTPython Fullstack Developer (Full Stack Environment)Other
- FTTest Manager - Applications - NSW GovernmentOther
- CCProcess AnalystNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst - Level 1 SupportQLD
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Trainer l Start before the 1st JulyNSW
- FTAutomation SpecialistOther
- FTEPAS Technical Support OfficerOther
- FTJunior DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Cloud BIOther
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTMarketing Content Writer - Tenders & SocialNSW
- CCApplication Architect - CloudVIC