The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has voted to roll back some net neutrality regulations that require broadband providers to inform customers of their network management practices.
Republican legislators don't even want the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to think about reclassifying broadband as a utility -- a route the regulator could take in order to reinstate net neutrality rules.
While the Netherlands is primarily known for windmills, tulips and legalized marijuana, it could soon be known for its net neutrality regulations as well.
Five left-leaning groups that want the U.S. government to create formal network neutrality rules are organizing a rally to protest a recent proposal by Google and Verizon Communications at Google's headquarters in Mountain View, California, Friday.
Google and Verizon Communications have released a proposal that would give the U.S. Federal Communications Commission limited power to enforce network neutrality rules, including levying fines up to US$2 million for violations by broadband providers.
A potential deal between Google and Verizon Communications on network neutrality may not carry much weight with the U.S. Federal Communications Commission, which has been trying to broker its own deal in recent weeks.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has called off negotiations on a network neutrality compromise scheduled for the coming days, saying the talks have not been fruitful enough.
Net neutrality rules proposed by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission could upset a complex mobile telecom marketplace and lead to fewer handset choices and fewer smartphone applications, a mobile trade group said Monday.
The European Commission will launch a public consultation on the issue of network neutrality this quarter, Neelie Kroes, commissioner for the digital agenda, said Tuesday.
A U.S. appeals court has ruled that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission did not have the authority to order Comcast to stop throttling peer-to-peer traffic in the name of network management.
A month ago, the U.S. Federal Communications Commission began a proceeding to create formal net neutrality rules for broadband providers, and the proposals have generated serious debate in the telecom community.
A new study, by net neutrality supporter Free Press, disputes the often-repeated criticism that new rules will hurt broadband investment by pointing to investments made by AT&T when the telecom giant was subject to similar regulations.
CHICAGO – Don't expect Verizon to take net neutrality regulations laying down.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission should include net-neutrality rules in a national broadband plan the agency is developing over the next seven months, thousands of U.S. residents have told the FCC.
Two U.S. agencies tasked with distributing about US$7.2 billion in broadband deployment grants and loans over the next 15 months have released an official list of funding rules, imposing net-neutrality clauses on grant applicants.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 3 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 4 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- The 10 best Android apps for Chromebooks
- This week in games: Homeworld's lost expansion returns, 15 minutes of Beyond Good & Evil 2
- The Steam Link is currently on sale for $15
- It's time to upgrade to TLS 1.3 already, says CDN engineer
- Kogan Agora 8 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
- MSI GL62M 7RDX gaming laptop review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- Sony X9300E 2017 TV: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Communications ManagerACT
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- CCMigration Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - SMEOther
- FTBI Tech LeadOther
- TPProject OfficerQLD
- FTICT System TrainersACT
- FTSenior Recruitment Specialist |Other
- FTSenior Full Stack Web DeveloperOther
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Support ConsultantNSW
- TP.Net Developer - Australian Government ICT ContractorACT
- FTSecurity Engineer (IPS & Firewall exp essential) - Perm - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Network Architect l CCNP/CCIE R&S l Cisco ACINSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- FTFinance and PeopleSoft Project ManagerOther
- FTTechnical Business Analysts, Banking, LendingOther
- FTData Analyst (Dialler Analyst)SA
- FTVoice Solution Engineer - Telecommunications (cisco)Other
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- TPDemand Analysis ManagerNSW
- TPProject Coordinator / Junior Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Contracts Administrator- Construction BackgroundOther
- FTBusiness Development Manager - TechnologyACT
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - RELOCATE TO CANBERRANSW