Owners of GeForce GTX 10-series graphics cards can now stream Netflix in 4K, if they're willing to tolerate beta software.
Business travelers, rejoice: You can now save some Netflix shows to your Windows 10 laptop's hard drive for viewing in the air or in your hotel.
You can now watch Netflix videos on Firefox for Linux, but not everyone is happy about it as the battle over DRM in HTML rages on.
Siskel and Ebert would be proud. Netflix is adopting a simple like/dislike format for user ratings and dumping the stars.
Netflix will bring HDR content to phones, and it's looking at creating phone-specific cuts of its videos.
If you're running out of storage on your Android phone, Netflix will now let you direct downloads to an SD card.
Netflix is finally allowing you to download select movie and TV show titles for offline viewing on mobile devices.
4K video streams finally make their debut on PCs thanks to Netflix and Windows 10, but strict software and hardware limitations curb our enthusiasm.
Despite concerns about the proposed $85.4 billion merger of AT&T and Time Warner, analysts expect it to pass regulatory muster.
AT&T said it will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4 billion, reflecting a continuing trend for the consolidation of communications and media companies.
Netflix and Amazon offer 4K UHD streaming, but you can't get it on a PC. A noxious stew of hardware, software, and DRM issues are to blame.
Apple isn't out to compete with Comcast or Netflix, despite rumors to the contrary.
Microsoft claims that Edge does something Chrome, Firefox, and Opera can't: Stream 1080p Netflix content on your PC. Turns out it's true.
Firing up the latest episode of "Orange is the New Black" will be just a voice search away.
If you have a compatible iPad, you can now watch Netflix and use other apps at the same time.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- CCReporting System Specialist - Port MacquarieQLD
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Analyst - Rostering ProjectNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- TPEOI - Developers and Tester (APS)ACT
- TPMS Access/SQL DBAQLD
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSoftware & Applications Programmer/DeveloperACT
- FTData Analyst - SASNSW
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTL2/L3 Desktop Technician - FIFOWA
- CCSoftware EngineerNSW
- FTData ScientistACT
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelNSW
- CCSenior DeveloperNSW
- FTIntegration and Implementation SpecialistVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- CCSalesforce Marketing CloudNSW
- FTManager - Commercial ClientsACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTProject Control Analyst - PMONSW
- FTSoftware EngineerWA
- FTBI and Report DeveloperQLD