Vidyo will demonstrate today an Internet videoconference among six types of mobile devices made by multiple manufacturers in an effort to show how flexible its core VidyoConferencing platform can be for creating business meetings among personal devic...
Cisco this week unveiled a suite of video products designed to combine digital TV, online content, social media and other communications applications into an all-inclusive home and mobile video session.
Verizon Wireless will introduce Cisco's Cius tablet for its fast LTE mobile broadband network in the spring of 2011, and the companies will also offer LTE interfaces for Cisco's second-generation Integrated Services Router for small and medium-size b...
Microsoft Windows president Steven Sinofsky took a shot at Apple while previewing the next generation of Windows during CES in Las Vegas, saying users are being inconvenienced because there is no convergence across the iPhone, iPad, iPod and MacBook.
Wi-Fi Direct, a wireless LAN mode that doesn't require a hotspot, is starting to emerge in handsets and will be demonstrated on an LG Electronics smartphone this week at the International Consumer Electronics Show.
While the iPad was a runaway hit for consumers in 2010, Forrester analyst Ted Schadler says its competitors should temper expectations if they expect rapid adoption in the enterprise market.
LAS VEGAS -- AT&T Wednesday announced that in February, it will start selling a version of the HTC Freestyle phone running Brew MP, an open-platform OS for phones that are smaller, less powerful and less expensive than smartphones.
Cisco Systems on Wednesday showed an offering that will give people a unified way of viewing video on TV's, mobile phones, and tablet computers.
LAS VEGAS -- AT&T will launch LTE smartphones, networks and other devices in mid-2011, and expects to complete a nationwide LTE deployment by the end of 2013, AT&T Mobility President Ralph de la Vega announced Wednesday at the AT&T Develo...
The number of superfast broadband connections in the UK looks set to exceed 600,000 by the end of 2011, says <a href="http://www.point-topic.com">Point Topic</a>.
Qualcomm has entered into an agreement to purchase chip maker Atheros for $US3.1 billion, or $45 per share, in cash, the company said on Wednesday.
Wireless technology provider Qualcomm is in advanced talks to acquire Atheros Communications, a major vendor of Wi-Fi chips, according to news reports on Tuesday.
The war is over and USB has won ... or has it? At CES this week a new wireless SATA interface will try to dethrone SuperSpeed USB by offering speeds of up to 6Gbps vs. USB 3.0's max of 5Gbps.
As we close out 2010 and welcome 2011 it is clear we're at an interesting juncture in IT, with new opportunities stretching out before us. The key will be what we make of the opportunities and how we position our efforts to capitalize on them.
The 802.11n standard was ratified in 2009 and WiFi really took off in 2010, with support showing up in an array of consumer electronic devices. Unfortunately security related issues escalated right along with growing acceptance. Here’s a look back a...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Huawei Watch 2 Classic Review: Good watch but a missed opportunity for Wear 2.0
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTTest AnalystSA
- FTIntegration Developer (WebSphere Message Broker / Java)SA
- FTData Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- FTWeb Developer - 2 PositionsQLD
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCIT Security Risk AnalystVIC
- CCDevOps Consultant - 12 month contractVIC
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- TPLevel 2/3 Technical Service AnalystOther
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- TPAssistant Change Manager | System Implementation ProjectQLD
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- TPProject Test ManagerQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCBusiness Change ManagerNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Manager Information ManagementQLD
- FTData Analyst/ Reporting AnalystQLD
- FTPeopleSoft Technical Campus Solution DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL Server Database Specialist l Bathurst LocationNSW
- FTScrum Master/Project ManagerQLD
- CCSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- TPNode.js DeveloperNSW