The Nokia X1-00 is designed to allow users in emerging markets to listen to music on their phone, Nokia said in a blog post on Tuesday.
As Nokia rebuilds itself to focus on Microsoft's Windows Phone platform, it is selling its Qt commercial licensing and services business to Finnish company Digia.
Android smartphones beat out iPhone and BlackBerry devices for the first time in the U.S. in the latest Nielsen Co. survey conducted just prior to Verizon Wireless sales of the iPhone.
Nokia plans to invest €200 million (US$276.3 million) in a new mobile phone manufacturing site near Hanoi in northern Vietnam along "with further, sizeable investments thereafter," the company said Wednesday.
Nokia and Microsoft joining forces to better compete with Apple and Google's Android OS will be good for the smartphone market, Vodafone Germany's CEO Jan Geldmacher said in an <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tr72zluB44g">interview</a> at the...
Microsoft's recent deal with Nokia will put Windows Phone 7 on millions of Nokia mobile phones around the world. Microsoft in turn will shower billions of dollars on Nokia in marketing, engineering and other costs. The companies hope that together, t...
Nokia has introduced rupee payments on its Ovi Store in India, in a bid to boost downloads from the store.
The world's top handset makers are meeting this week to finalize a version of an advanced mobile communication standard that would raise data transfer speeds to 1Gbps, an event organizer said on Monday.
Ouch! According to Jorma Ollila, chairman of Nokia's board, there will be no Windows 7 phones from the once-mighty phone maker until 2012. At least that's what Ollila told Finnish TV, which Reuters picked up.
If you find your smartphone and other devices demand too much attention and drive you bonkers, industry experts agree.
Google's growing influence in the mobile industry is clearly proving worrisome to some established device makers and operators, a few of whom put up a united front against the search giant during a round table at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on...
Apple held on to its huge lead in global mobile phone applications last year due to its simple billing system but will give up much of that ground by 2014, market research firm IHS Screen Digest said in a report.
Mobile service subscription models have emerged as a major factor as mobile operators and developers debate ways to balance revenue sharing models, increase the number of local applications and encourage innovation.
Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer showed off a few new features that the company will push out to Windows Phone 7 users this year, including access to SkyDrive, multitasking capability and a new HTML5 browser. He spoke during a keynote at the Mobile World ...
Intel put on a brave face Monday at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, insisting that there is continued strong support from it and many companies for MeeGo, the open source software platform that Nokia last week said it would abandon in favor of Mi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 HTC U11 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Gigabyte Aero 15 corporate gaming laptop review
- 4 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 5 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
- Five Eyes want “cooperation” from tech companies on encryption
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- AMD, Nvidia coin mining graphics cards appear as gaming GPU shortage intensifies
- Why is the iPhone having an existential crisis? | The iPhone Show
- Akitio Node Cabinet review: Real, affordable graphics for your laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
Wireless printing from my iPhone was also a handy feature, the whole experience was quick and seamless with no setup requirements - accessed through the default iOS printing menu options.
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
- Blackberry KEYone phone: Full, in-depth review
- Alienware 13 full, in-depth review
- Alcatel A3 XL phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTUX/CX LeadOther
- CCWireless Network ArchitectQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperACT
- FT.NET Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- FTService Management Specialist (ServiceNow) - TelecommunicationsOther
- TPStakeholder Engagement Specialist - Change Manager - HealthQLD
- FTSenior Data ModellerOther
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTApplication Solution ArchitectOther
- FTPrincipal ArchitectACT
- FTProject Coordinator - Travel IndustryQLD
- FTSoftware EngineerOther
- TPProject Officer (PMO)VIC
- FTJuniper EngineerOther
- FTMid-Level Business AnalystOther
- TPHelp desk AnalystsACT
- FTAutomation Test AnalystWA
- FTMicrosoft Azure Cloud EngineerOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- FTIT Project SchedulerOther
- FTIT Communications Specialist | $62 phOther
- CCNetwork Architect - part time contract, Sydney Western SuburbsNSW
- TPSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTFunctional Support Consultant - Metering / Billing SystemsOther