Former Office chief returns to Microsoft... Turing manuscript fetches $1 million... Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia talking merger... and more tech news.
Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent are in advanced merger talks, the companies confirmed Tuesday following media speculation that a deal was in the works.
Telstra, Optus and Vodafone will be among the first to range Microsoft’s 4G Lumia range in Australia.
In the romantic city of Barcelona, cellular and Wi-Fi are getting set up on a lot of dates this week.
Nokia Networks and Japanese carrier NTT DoCoMo are testing networks using extremely high frequencies that may someday deliver multi-gigabit speed to mobile devices.
Samsung jumps into payments... NXP buys Freescale to build a bigger chip company ... Iran "ready to work with Google"... and more tech news.
Spy agencies may have your phone’s encryption keys ... Re-engineering 4G for IoT... Hackers are still lurking in U.S. State Department network ... and more tech news.
A slower but more frugal version of LTE that has been customized for the Internet of Things will be demoed at Mobile World Congress next month.
Owners of recent Lumia smartphones that have just 512MB of memory might not get a full-featured, smartphone version of Windows 10.
Televisions that can show pictures far superior to today's best high-definition video are making headlines and attracting crowds at this week's Consumer Electronics Show. When they come to market in the next few years, they will likely include a new ...
The poor design of two different smartphones, a low-resolution front camera with the new iPhone, the Moto G's lack of LTE, and the hefty price tag of the Amazon Fire led to disappointment this year when it came to smartphone releases.
Nokia is once again developing mobile devices, and this time the company is using Android. The N1 tablet has a high-resolution 7.9-inch screen and a 5-megapixel front camera.
Microsoft will continue to sell low-end phones with the Nokia brand and has licensed the brand for these type of devices.
Microsoft trash-talked Apple and Samsung’s flagship at the unveiling of the Lumia 830 by claiming it will outperform Apple’s iPhone and Samsung’s Galaxy as a value buy. Does its Lumia 830 live up to the hype?
Nokia will stop production at its mobile handset manufacturing facility near Chennai in south India after a deal with Microsoft to manufacture phones fell through.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Far Cry 5's first trailer reveals religious cults and explosions in picturesque Montana
- Amazon is offering two free months of Music Unlimited to new subscribers
- This week in games: Red Dead Redemption 2 is delayed, Destiny 2 PC servers explained
- Any website can crash your Windows 7 or 8 PC with these four characters
- AMD's new AM4 motherboard software cures Ryzen's memory headaches
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming motherboard review
- The simple RAM buying guide
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - WintelNSW
- FTTRIM TrainersACT
- TPProject Manager - SOE / Office 365VIC
- CCPega DeveloperVIC
- FTProgramme ManagerACT
- CCFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTManager - Commercial ClientsACT
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- TPAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- FTSenior Procurement Specialist | 3mth ContractVIC
- FTReport Developer and Visualisation AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- TPArcGIS DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Licensing and Contract AnalystNSW
- TPNode.js DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Systems EngineerVIC
- CCDesigner - Salesforce Marketing CloudVIC
- FTSenior Business Development Manager| SMSF/Accounting SoftwareNSW