Analysts are mixed on whether Nortel, the disintegrating telecom titan, will survive in some form or die off, becoming a distant memory of a bygone era and century.
Avaya tomorrow will reveal a road map that shows how its customers – in particular its newly minted Nortel customers - can move to unified communications technologies without ripping out existing gear.
Thursday marks the end of a very busy year of bankruptcy for Nortel, one that saw painful dismantling of the once mighty telecom giant and that leaves Avaya on the verge of revealing exactly what it plans to do with the enterprise VoIP and switching ...
Avaya's purchase of Nortel is final as of Friday, with Avaya promising integrated voice/data branch-office gear and an aggressive integration of Nortel's products and roughly 6,000 personnel.
2010 should be a watershed year for Avaya, which has been reinventing itself for the past three years and is just about to take on the challenge of acquiring and integrating the enterprise assets of Nortel.
2010 promises to be an interesting year in the enterprise LAN switching market.
The top 10 mergers and acquisitions in the network industry in 2009 all cracked the billion-dollar barrier, and involved vendors in hardware, IT services, collaboration, storage, wireless infrastructure and other segments. IT behemoths such as Oracle...
This year saw the slow, painful dismantling of Nortel. Its gradual exit from the tech scene played out the entire year, as each month brought news of more layoffs, markdowns or sell-offs.
Even after it buys Nortel, Avaya won't dominate Cisco in the battle for business-communications customers, according to a new study.
Ciena will pay US$769 million for the optical networking and carrier Ethernet assets of Nortel Networks' Metro Ethernet Networks business, the two companies said on Monday.
A mere five days before Ciena (NASDAQ: CIEN) announced it's deal to purchase Nortel's (NRTLQ.PK) Metro Ethernet Networks business, Ciena was prepared to pay US$10 million in cash more for it.
Nortel Networks is preparing to auction off its division that makes equipment for GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) networks early next month, continuing the unloading of its businesses under bankruptcy reorganization.
Users should chart the progress of Avaya's purchase of Nortel's enterprise assets carefully, so that they are spared any unpleasant product integration or rationalization surprises.
The biggest issue facing Nortel enterprise customers on the heels of Avaya's US$900 million purchase of that business is product overlap, consolidation and subsequent support, analysts say.
Avaya has emerged as the winning bidder for Nortel’s enterprise business, reportedly beating out Siemens Enterprise Communications over the weekend.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google explains why Android apps still aren't on Chromebooks
- HP's Envy 13 offers Surface Laptop features without the markup—or Windows 10 S
- HP's Spectre x2 may be the Surface Pro killer we've been waiting for
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- How Google Assistant, Home, and Lens will completely change the way you search
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Moto G5 smartphone: full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCChange ManagerWA
- CCSenior Data AnalystVIC
- FTJava Technical Team LeadVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- CCData ArchitectWA
- FTJunior - Mid Level Application Support ConsultantQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDigital Business Analyst | Online BookingQLD
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTInformation Security ArchitectQLD
- TPDigital Process Business Analyst - Digital Transformation**NSW
- FTSales Client Services Manager (Mid-market)QLD
- FTSenior Microwave Transmission EngineerNSW
- FTPHP DeveloperWA
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCState-wide Business Transition Lead - BrisbaneNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Engineer (Windows & Virtualization)VIC
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTFull Stack Developer - JavaNSW
- CCBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW