Nvidia will upgrade its Shield handheld gaming console to Android 4.4.2, code-named KitKat, with updates being pushed out over the air starting April 2.
Windows and Xbox games will receive a significant graphics and performance boost with Microsoft's new DirectX 12, a set of application programming interfaces and tools used in PC games.
Nvidia has announced a top-to-bottom refresh of its mobile graphics processor line, promising chips that deliver more horsepower while consuming less electrical power. The company also announced a number of new design wins with big-name gaming laptop...
Nvidia's struggling Tegra chip business could get a jolt from new smartphones using its latest chip, the Tegra 4i, which signals the chip maker's entry into a new market of processors with integrated LTE radios.
Nvidia will soon ship a new model of the Tegra Note 7 tablet with LTE wireless connectivity and Android 4.4.2 OS code-named KitKat, with the device priced at US$299.
Nvidia isn't interested in the mainstream smartphone market and will focus its Tegra efforts on tablets and high-end "superphones", according to the company's CEO.
Chip makers like Qualcomm, Nvidia and Samsung Electronics are working on components that will increase processing power, add more memory and increase screen resolution of next-generation smartphones.
Graphics chipmaker Nvidia took a customer service website offline Wednesday following a public report of a vulnerability in its SAP-powered backend.
Google has teamed up with several auto manufacturers on Monday with the goal of bringing Android to cars by the end of this year.
Nvidia has shown off its new Tegra K1 graphics processor, which packs 192 GPU cores onto a single chip and promises to bring console-class graphics to smartphones and tablets.
An elaborate crop circle that appeared last week in a grain field in California was a stunt by chip-maker Nvidia.
Qualcomm and Nvidia get most of the headlines in the mobile chip business, but two Chinese vendors are cornering the market for processors used in low-cost tablets, and in 2014 they might find their way into a product near you.
Nvidia's Mental Ray high-performance 3D rendering software has a vulnerability that could be exploited to compromise clusters of specialized computers called render farms, according to researchers from ReVuln.
A network researcher at the U.S. Department of Energy's Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory has found a potential new use for graphics processing units -- capturing data about network traffic in real time.
Nvidia wants to help create some of the world's fastest computers with its latest Tesla K40 graphics chip, which is its fastest supercomputing co-processor to date.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P10 smartphone review
- 2 Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Motorola Moto G5 smartphone review
- 4 Oppo A57 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Moto G5 Plus phone: full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to take screenshots in Windows 10
- The Pi Desktop kit transforms your Raspberry Pi into a stylish, SSD-powered mini-PC
- The Full Nerd episode 23: AMD Threadripper vs Intel Core i9, Radeon Vega is here(ish)
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Surface Pro is Microsoft's long-awaited Surface Pro 4 upgrade, restyled as a laptop
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Huawei P10 smartphone review
- Huawei P10 Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- FTLead Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- FTSupport Engineer Level 3QLD
- FTJunior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager IT Software & Primary HealthcareQLD
- FTSolution Architect - DatacentreVIC
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerACT
- FTNetwork Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCICT Project CoordinatorNSW
- TPDelivery Coordinator - ProjectsQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst Level 2 SupportQLD
- CCSenior Data EngineerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- TPICT Customer Support OfficerNSW
- FTDisaster Recovery AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst l GROUP LIFE INSURANCE l SydneyVIC
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- CCTechnical Specialist - Cloud ServicesVIC
- TPETL DeveloperNSW
- CCSecurity Incident Analyst - Splunk - TelcoVIC